Thursday, October 24, 2019

Thursday October 24, 2019 Mirror


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday October 24, 2019
We did indeed pick up a win of 700,000 pesos at 10:10pm last night.  Cristina is already putting it to use at the Animal Park.
It was beautiful to see Buddy come on our walk this morning with very little limp in his stride.  We sure hate to see our dogs suffering in any way.
I was mostly packed this morning by 9am for the trip tomorrow.  A carry-on-size bag and camera and away I go to Manizales.  Just in case John doesn't have them, I am bringing car charging equipment for phones, etc.  The Mountain Hostel is registered in my Waze program so we should be OK.  It is a 170 km drive so it should take almost 3 hours.
I went over to the hardware store for brackets to hold Aram's mirror to the wall, just in case he didn't have anything.  Then I went to help him install the mirror.  He had better wall anchors for the "brick" wall but they did like my little brackets that look like tiny hands to hold the mirror in place.
We used my equipment, drill, level, measuring tape, screwdrivers, etc and started by installing the lower brackets first and tested it with the 140 cm x 50 cm mirror in place.  So far, so good.  We marked where the upper brackets should go and I asked Aram to remove the mirror as I turned for the drill.  The gut-wrenching sound of glass breaking was not what we wanted to hear.  The good news was that only a portion at the right side broke off.  I measured and we still could have a 113 cm x 50 cm mirror and it would still fit in the brackets, and take up most of the wall.  So we drove back to the glass man and cut off the offending broken side.
No matter how well you calculate, measure, and mark, things don't always go according to Hoyle.  The last bracket anchor seemed a tad low, even though the mirror was completely level.  Aram heated a knife on the gas stove and removed about a cm from the inside of the bracket.  That did the trick.  Now, the only problem is to make the mirror make everyone look skinny...
Aram made me stay for a nice vegetarian lunch which pleased Cristina as she headed to the Animal Park.   He used to work in a restaurant in Finland so he is a whirling dervish in the kitchen.
Cristina was out most of the day so I went to purchase 5 live sunflowers that she wanted to put on Christian's grave.  It really makes so little sense to me to buy such things that she expects to expire in 3-4 days....  While it is only $3 or so, I think it is a waste of money.
Then I crashed for a good 2 hours while Cristina was running around in the rain with Claudia to feed the abandoned dogs, cats, and to install the flowers.
I had left the car outside so it got a wash and we made a quick trip back to the cemetery because she had forgotten to take photos.  We even took Turi and NeNe for the ride.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

The smaller mirror is nicely level and centered

There will soon be a dining room table in this corner

We need concave mirrors to make us look skinny

Aram making a salad to go with lunch.

Sunflowers on the grave

Next week I need to trim the flowering plants.

Love those misty mountains