Sunday, October 20, 2019

Sunday October 20, 2019 Guadalajara


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday October 20, 2019
The flowers are getting so lovely out back and we are excited to have succesfully grown our first sunflower.  We can't wait until it matures some more.
David and Irma invited us to join them at the lovely Hotel Guadalajara for a late lunch and drinks and we were joined by his Policeman friend Jeiner (pronounced Eye-ner) and his young wife Johanna.  
We sat near the pool area, under cover from the sun, and because it did rain a little.  Our waitress was very attentive and spoke English.
Jeiner was the policeman who responded to a car accident David had about a year ago and has repeatedly checked on him since.  A very nice man who is due to retire from the police force at age 44 next year.  I was shocked that he works from 7am to 10pm for 12 days and then gets only 2 days off.  I would be wanting to retire early too.
The Guadalajara Hotel is 67 years old but you would never know it.  It boasts magnificent grounds, a lovely pool, good food and convention facilities.  I had a bacon burger with fries for $5, not bad at all!  Cristina, David and Irma had the Sancocho meal and soup for about $8.
As we were leaving, there was an eagle sitting in the parking lot and started to fly away as I was readying my camera.  I caught it, but badly, sorry.
David asked us to stop in for a minute so he could show me his new toy, a Berretta imitation gun that shoots rubber bullets and does not need a licence, just papers of the proof of purchase.  I would get one (about $900 USD) but I would be afraid that I would use it...
Walking with Aram at 6pm.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start

 
Our new sunflower.  So excited.

The rose bush is being prolific.

A beautiful bud ready to open.

Another new bud

Different colours on the same bush

Bougainvillea
Towering palms at the hotel Guadalajara in Buga

The entranceway

The center pool area

Nice palms all over

Cristina, Johanna, waitress, Jeiner, David & Irma

Cristina, Johanna, waitress, Jeiner, David & Irma
My scrumptious bacon burger

1/4 chicken dinner they had

The soup

Jeiner is a very nice man and speaks some English

Avocado plate of some sort

Nice place for a leisurely lunch

We will have to try this again some day

The eagle flying behind the car

Heavy little gun

It could deter, or even stop, a bad person

These rubber bullets would hurt like heck