Monday, October 28, 2019

Sunday October 27, 2019 F1


SUBSCRIBING ON THE RIGHT  is NOT working again… ??   
PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday October 27, 2019
I was grateful for a decent exhausted sleep in our own bed.
I spent from 6am until 11 pm working on the photos from the Manizales trip.  I whittled down the 200 photos to around 163 in total.  Some photos take 1/2 hour or more to remove distractions and to produce an artwork worth selling.
We did stop around 11am to take Cristina to vote at the big school (colegio) on the main road.  We get there only to discover that she has forgotten her Cedula (identity card) so back home we go to retrieve it, then we come back to park in a better place.
While she is voting I go to the restaurant across the road and I ordered a lunch of roast chicken which we shared when she came out, much quicker than I expected.
Elections are huge here and they get tremendous turnouts for voting.  The choice of voting place was not great as it really choked up the entry and exit from town.  I don't know when we will get real results but, of course, Cristina voted for the "animalistas", friends of the animals.
Then it was back to photos and then Cristina went to the Animal Park where someone had dumped another bitch in heat.  Apparently it was scared of Marino and it took off.
At 1:45 I left in a hurry to get to David's for the 2pm Formula 1 race from Mexico.  I had to run the gauntlet of voters again, and on the way back too.
My racer, Charles LeClerc had the pole position followed by his partner Sebastian Vettel who is Wolf's favourite.  My hated Max Verstappen got bumped by Valeri Bottas and had to pit for repairs moving him to last 20th spot.  To give the devil his due, he made it back to 6th position by the end.
Formula 1 racing has less to do with the drivers as it has to do with power and tire and pit stop strategy.  For some unknown reason they pitted LeClerc very early in a 2-stop strategy that backfired.  Lewis Hamilton, the Mercedes #1 driver, was looking to clinch his 6th world championship and only needed to a fourth place, or better, to accomplish that.  No, he wisely went for a one-stop strategy as he has often done, and he finished comfortably first, ahead of Vettel, Bottas and LeClerc.  Congrats Lewis!
The race featured some disastrous pitstops where tenths of a second matter.  A good pit stop is 2.5 seconds or less bcause total time in pit lane is about 20 seconds.   There were no real yellow flag opportunities to take advantage of.   That takes many laps to regain position.  Those who can pit less generally win.
Then, for me, it was run the voter gauntlet a sixth time and get back to work on photos.
By the time I was done processing 163 photos I was ready for the pillow.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Mexico, 71 laps, about 1:19 per lap

Ferrari's LeClerc and Vettel are 1-2 at the start

They keep the lead

Verstappen is chasing

Concentration by Irma+David.  Wold checking stats.

They pit LeClerc way too early, he's 4th. Verstappen screaming back.

Verstappen is already up to 7th.  LeClerc pitted again.

LeClerc holds 4th.  Verstappen 6th.

Lewis Hamilton cruises to the win and his 6th Championship

Bravo to a good race driver

LeClerc gets the extra point for the fastest lap