Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tuesday October 15, 2019 Clean/Repair


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Tuesday October 15, 2019 Updated
Yesterday was a long day and I worked on photos until my eyes would take no more.  I had a quick nap, made my salad and watched baseball playoffs and American football most of the evening until I was falling asleep again.  I still don't know who won those games.  They don't matter.
What mattered is that the dogs were behaving although Mariposa keeps testing Turi somewhat.  She backs off when we tell her and reinforce that by showing the taser in our hand.  The noise is enough to stop any fighting usually.  They certainly behave themselves on our walks.

Today I had invited David and Irma and Aram for a movie.  Irma wanted to see Legend Of Bagger Vance which I am always happy to watch.  Aram was a tad late but we waited for him.  I had made mega bowls of popcorn so watching a good movie is always more enjoyable that way, along with beer for my guests.  I drank my lemonade.
I had taken Lizzie to my car wash man so we had more room and comfort with re-arranged furniture.  He even cleaned the motor, and his high price is 12,000 pesos or under $4 USD.After they all left, I recovered Lizzie and brought her home.
Right away I decided to bring our bike in to the bicycle repair guy because the tires are both flat, and old.  I really need to use the bike for exercise.  He had quoted me really reasonable tire prices so naturally I liked the more expensive smoother road tire...  2 new tires, tubes, stems, and a tune up for 66,000 pesos or $19.12 USD.   Bicycle repair is certainly one of the bargains in Latin America.
However,... remember that I had just washed my car and parked it... So you know what comes next, ...almost every time, right?  Yes, I got rained on walking the bike over, less than a block away.  I am not complaining.  A short afternoon rain is what the Doctor ordered.
Somebody who likes rain is always my hummer(s), and Tom was getting his free bath courtesy of a clean Lizzie.
UPDATE:
Cristina went to the Animal Park and, as usual, her Aunt Nativa picked that time to stop by.  The poor old gal has a broken hand on the mend and she still has to look after her paraplegic grandson, Victor Hugo.  She pointed at the empty beer cans from this afternoon so I asked if she wanted one.  She said a hearty YES because she had never tasted a German beer (Beck's).  She made short work of that so I gave her another to take home.
Then she said that Victor Hugo really liked my salads so I made an extra big batch while waiting and made a package for him.  I showed her our trip pictures to San Andres and Cristina still wasn't home (she always leaves her phone here).  I offered Nativa a ride home in Lizzie and she quickly accepted.  We were just getting in the car when Claudia and Cristina finally came home, and.... it started to rain again....  So clean Lizzie lasted less than 3 hours.
I had also told Nativa that we were giving her our old (new) stove and I reminded her that we would be bringing it over as soon as we can coordinate everybody and transport.  Her eyes were glistening on that.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Lizzie looks sparkling clean, for a short while....

Trying to capture rain drips off the back patio roof

Rain sure greens up everything

Bad shot with regular lens of Tom Thumb in the rain