Thursday, October 17, 2019

Thursday October 17, 2019 Dogs/Stove


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday October 17, 2019
We had a running start this morning when we picked up2 dogs at the Animal Park to take for sterilization.  The female, Linda, and male, Martin, were both model passengers as we got them to the vet John Rojas for 8:30am.
We wanted to pop into Dollar City but they didn't open until 9am so we had a quick bite and coffees for $1.25 at Bizcochitos.  Then we spent a few bucks on "stuff" there before heading home to stop at the cemetery and the bank.
Cristina had made arrangements for Carlos to come at 10:30am to bring the stove over Aunt Nativa's for hookup...  Typically, Carlos shows up with one of his workmen on a motorcycle, and without the cart attached to transport the stove.  I already had the stove on my dolly so they just walked it there...  Cristina and I drove and I brought plumber's tape and my tools because, sure enough, Carlos had nothing with him...  And this man is a contractor!!
We get to nativa's and she is not at home and Carlos could not find her where Cristina thought she may be.  She has no phone either.  So we leave the stove with a neighbour that Cristina knows and we head home for lunch.
When Cristina went to the AnimalPark with Claudia she found Aunt Nativa at home and made arrangements for us to return at 1:30.  I got the stove from the neighbour and wheeled it into Nativa's back kitchen.  The small crescent wrench finally broke the seal on the connections on her old gas hot plate and we easily connected the new stove.  After several visual instructions on how to use the igniter to fire up the burners we left.  Cristina had 3 pairs of runners for repair so I brought her to the shoemaker.
I then had a short nap before we went back to Tulua for 4:30 to retrieve the 2 dogs.  True to form, one dog was just finished surgery and they were just wheeling in the second....  I was not a happy camper.
So we went to HomeCenter to find rat poison and we also got a pump sprayer for insecticide for the orange trees.  We got the sprayer for 1/2 price (under $20) by ordering it online there, then waiting for it to get processed.
We hurried back to get the dogs and John brought out this small owl-like creature that he says is fragile, and eats butterflies and mosquitoes almost exclusively.  My research says that it is a Lesser Nighthawk.  From the photos I have, it appears that the poor thing is missing a chunk of its wing(s)..
Then he brought out this small turtle who didn't seem too intimidated by us at all.
The photos today are not great, taken by the Lumix only.
Aram came over, my feet were too sore to go for a walk, and we watched The Bucket List.  He enjoyed it.  I, of course, have seen the movie about 20 times....
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start
Linda and Martin were model prisoners

Time soon to trim the gravesite

A lovely day

A beautiful sight

Flower outside Nativa's

Our stove we donated to her

Clean-up and installation

It works just fine. She will love it.

2 groggy doggies

Our Lesser Nighthawk

A little better shot

Ah, a nice profile shot

Friendly turtle