Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday October 13, 2019 Caution


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Sunday October 13, 2019
It is another Formula 1 day so it meant a trip to David's to watch a replay of the midnight running of the race in Japan just after a typhoon had passed through.  It was still a bit windy and precautions had been taken to safeguard broadcast equipment, etc, so a lot of people worked a lot of overtime.  The drivers even had to do the qualification runs just hours before the actual race.
The starting order began with my Ferrari team of Vettel and LeClerc, followed by the Mercedes team of Bottas and Hamilton, then the hated Verstappen who was quoted as saying "I am not here to be liked"....  OK, I don't like you...
But Vettel almost had a false start and that allowed Bottas to roar by to take the early lead.  Very shortly after we had LeClerc bouncing Verstappen off the track causing huge damage to his own front wing, incurring him a penaly for not going directly to the pit.  Verstappen later quit early.  The extra pit stop forced on LeClerc by the damage put him back in 20th place but he miraculously worked his way back to 6th by the end of the race.   First across the finish line was Bottas, then Vettel and Hamilton.
We are gingerly testing an open door policy to see if Turi and Mariposa will get along or not.  It is very stressful for everyone.  Even the other dogs seem very wary.  Each of us sit with a Taser close by as a deterrent.  Just the sound is enough to send the dogs scrambling.
I consumed a bag of chips for lunch and, as usual I was looking for Nina to give her the bag to lick out the scraps.  She is our little cleaner.  I couldn't see her anywhere and she wasn't coming to my calls.  I stepped out back and, to my horror, saw the open door to the hutch anf Nina bounding around after the two rabbits, luckily just playing...  If it had been some of the other dogs, like Mariposa, we would probably be burying more rabbits?  Cristina could not explain how she came to leave the door wide open...  She can be so forgetful at times.
I had an almost 3-hour nap to re-charge my depleted batteries.  I had not slept much last night on my vigil with Turi.  Turi came for a walk with me, Princesa and Buddy at 5:23am then again after 10am with me, Buddy, NeNe and Rocas.   Turi was walking much better this time and it had been a long time since NeNe had been out.  My little fighter really enjoyed the outing.
Now I am sitting here, eating my salad early and will probably work on photos to kill some time.
Happy Sunday everyone.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Vettel false-starts, Bottas screams into the lead.

Many position changes in the first lap!

Hamilton watches LeClerc bump out Verstappen

Replays of the bump

Verstappen is not happy

The crybaby is sidelined for a bit

Another 2 cars bump

My boy has lots of front-end damage

LeClerc had to pit for a long time, moving him to last place

This is high-speed racing

LeClerc has worked his way to 8th place


Now in 6th place!

Tyre Condition is a new graphic to me - very important in F1

Bottas getting the checkered flag

Followed by Vettel

I like Bottas.  He ran a great race.

Congrats Bottas.  LeClerc was lucky to get into the points.