Friday, October 4, 2019

Friday October 4, 2019 Tire Beds


SUBSCRIBE ON THE RIGHT to get this Blog sent direct to your email>>
This is NOT working again… ??  PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday October 4, 2019
Since Aram offered to help, out of boredom, I was all ready with my tools when he came to help me cut off the sidewalls of 5 tires.  Yestreday we had brought home 8 tires, not just 6!!  I was hoping my new little jigsaw would be up the task, ...and it was,.. mostly...
We broke 1 knife and 2 jigsaw blades but, for the most part, cutting the 4 car tires was a breeze.  The big truck tire proved to be our nemesis because the steel belts continued into the sidewall.  The poor jigsaw struggled and shut itself off.  You could hear it whine as it hit each steel cord.  That truck tire is so big that it could be used as is.  The 3 Large motorcycle tires  also were good enough to use as is.
David and Irma had invited us to join them at 12:30 at La Herradura and I had begged off, but we were done with the tires by noon so I called and asked if we could delay it until 1pm, to allow for a shower, etc.  They agreed so we blitzed in to Tulua on time.  We always meet at this one little bar that supplies pretty good food and drinks.  I was famished so I ordered a meat lasagna dinner and Coke for about $3.75 and that fed the both of us.  As usual we had a nice conversation between friends and lamented that David's Colombian friend, Julian Reyes, who actually lives in Calgary, was not able to meet with us on this trip.  He has a sick father in Bogota and some biker friends that he was emergency helping as well.
Cristina and I then went to a store called Traki where everything is 5,000 pesos or $1.46 USD.  She wanted pillows to help complete the dog beds inside the tires and they had a large assortment of Christmas pillows in stock.  We grabbed 4 darker ones, 2 stools and 2 wastebaskets.
Then we went and got her Mom to do her monthly gambling (I have no idea how it works).  I was more interested in this large "lumber yard" across the street that actually sold good lumber, 2x4's, etc, panel board, cabinets and accessories.  I will have to go back and poke around in there when I have more time.
We came back home, grabbed the cut tires, repaired the badly split one with duct tape and headed to the Animal Park.  Cristina took some of the tire beds they already had, added ours, and made beds for the kittens and the dogs.  
She puts a cut big dog food bag as a waterproof base, adds the pillow, and covers with an old blanket.  Thes dogs will appreciate the comfortable sleep too.
She is also still working at getting the wasps out of the one entrance building...
A pair of boys saw me with my camera and came over to talk.  They were nice kids and asked me to take a few shots of them.  They are supposed to contact me on WhatsApp to send them the pictures.  I didn't have my phone with me so I gave them my card.
It is after 8:30pm, 27.5C in the house, Claudia and Sara are here helping with Killer, Nina and Grigi are play-fighting, and I am looking for a snack after eating a huge salad...  Then it is definitely bedtime.
I finally tracked down our lawn cutter who says that he no longer lives here but would come next Friday to do the cutting...  By then he may need a machete to get through the jungle.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Start


 
Photo of existing tire bed for reference

Drilling a hole to insert the jigsaw blade

Had to duct tape that tire on the left

4 car tires worked reasonably well

Yummy meat lasagna for late lunch

Wow, a place to buy nice lumber products!
Two cat beds made up for use

The kittens will sleep in comfort tonight

One of the dog beds

Another of the dog beds

Added the base and pillow,.. waiting for the blanket

Reflected dusk

The two teen boys

Nice kids, very respectful

Too bad the sunset wasn't better

I will send them these photos once they contact me.