Friday, January 5, 2018

Thursday January 4, 2018 Herederos



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday January 4, 2018
Another very busy day as we prepare for Cristina's departure to Colombia.
We put Buddy and Jack in two of the small crates and Cecilia took us in their pickup to the Arca clinic near San Sebastian.  The boys did not enjoy being in the crates and probably did not enjoy being sterilized either, but that was a necessity as they were becoming much too aggressive to each other, as well as the obvious reason for the procedure.
We went to the IESS office to talk to Diana Calle to opt out of the IESS system.  This was a very strange conversation for many reasons because this girl does not get her messages across very well and what she says is always contradictory.  First, she said that we could not just sign a paper like we could in October,.. now we have to go on the IESS website and go into the Historia Laboral section and find the space to opt out.  Because our next payment is the 10th or 11th I wanted to opt out prior...  Then she says that if we used IESS in December that we may be charged an extra fee because we are actually paying a month behind...  WTF, I said that was total BS because we had to pay for 3 months before we had anything other than accident coverage...  Then she says that if we quit we still have 2 months extended coverage...  Ugh...  I just pull my hair out with ANY Government dealings in this country...
Then I came home and fought for 4 hours with the IESS system because the pages took forever (like 20 minutes) to load....  Only once did I get all the way to the page I needed and I accidentally hit Cancel, damn... and I could never get back to that page...  I think I am resigned to put enough money in Pichincha to cover another month to avoid problems...  Ugh..
In the afternoon we went back to pick up the boys and brought them home in the trunk of a cab.  Jack seems to be coping OK but not Buddy who is very subdued.  Cristina has made them special underpants to keep them from damaging their stitches.  She is very experienced at that.
In the evening Dawn and I rode over to the Broken Bridge to meet the Herederos.  I think it has been at least 6 weeks since I have been on a ride so it was nice to get out.  Gustavo is having problems with his scooter so he came on his gorgeus Kawasaki Vulcan 900cc and Dawn got to ride in comfort.  We went out past the San Joaquin Golf Course and then stopped at a Colombian Pizza place on Ordonez Lasso for a bite.  It was a fun evening and Dawn really enjoyed the outing.
This night was my first experimentation with the new Canon T7i which is fun and I love the quiet sound of the shutter.  However the reality is that I am still using my old lens so it is still not my best night camera, that distinction remains with the Sony...  The Canon will get more daytime use.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
Gustavo's magnificent Kawasaki Vulcan 900 cc

Testing on Todos Santos church

Angle #2

Puente Roto (Broken Bridge)

Angle #3

Gustavo and Dawn in conversation

Angle #4

Angle #5

The terrible riding trio

Photo taken by Dr Miguel

Angle #6

My favourite shot of the night

Christmas lighting is still up

Lovely lighting strung across the Tomebamba

Fishing anyone?