Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday January 12, 2018 Stressed



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Friday January 12, 2018
Thursday, Cristina and Cecilia ran the 4 girls to Arca for their injections and their papers.  I don't know when they plan to do the boys.  3 of the 4 puked in their crates which does not bode well for the trip to Colombia....
Cristina is waiting for word of at least a decent temporary rental place for now, she has already begun packing in those huge bags we bought yesterday.
I asked her what will happen to the dogs as she goes to get her surgery in Colombia ASAP and she says that her sister can pop over to feed and water the dogs as necessary, they know how to handle dogs...
There was a notice on GringoPost about new Bus Passes being available, but we can keep using our old ones, or paying cash until March 15th or so.  Apparently the senior ones will be yellow or something.  I decided to go check at the Emov office on Los Capulies, a few blocks from Joes', across town.  The security guard said it was closed because there was no power due to the Tranvia construction..., but to go to Feria Libre, which also needs a roundabout route because of, guess what, Tranvia construction.  I get there and they are closed at about 12:10 for almuerzo... when the rest of the country doesn't have lunch until at least 1pm.  More nails in the coffin of this damn country when it comes to Government services,.. completely asinine and the reputed worst in South America for good reason.  The lunatics run the asylum here.
So tomorrow we start sending money to Colombia so Cristina will have a stake to work with when she arrives.  The pieces are starting to fall into place for the big move.
Rain cancelled the Herederos ride so we watched a great movie, The Legend Of Bagger Vance, one of my 3 favourite movies that involve the game of golf, .. not that I am a fanatic about golf at all.
This morning Dawn came rushing to get me with my camera and dragged me to the end of our barrio to see the colours the sun was playing on the Cajas to the northwest.  By the time I got there they had diminished quite a bit but the new Canon did a good job of capturing them.  I had no time to get into a better positions to avoid all the ugly powerlines, but that is Cuenca...
I know that I probably said this many times, but I really do love this city...
So many things I tried to get done today, starting with lots of banking issues.
I managed to contact PayPal about getting a refund from an unresponsive eBay merchant whose merchandise had not arrived (ordered August 29) and they issued a refund immediately.
I tried to cancel the IESS health coverage again without success, so I emailed the IESS gals in the hope of a response (fat chance of that..). 
I went to Banco Pichincha to put Stop Payment on the IESS premiums and they said they could not do that.  I even spoke to the manageress and she confirmed they couldn't.
So, got some money out of Banco Del Austro to send to Colombia for Cristina to live on and we went to Western Union to send some.  I understand, because of Correa's money exit law, and to combat drug trafficers, we individually can only send up to $1,000 every 15 days to another individual without paying tax....  So now we need to employ the services of some friends to send some more, ... BUT Cristina doesn't want to send more now because the exchange rate is bad....  Uggghhhh....
I called the warranty mechanic to find out when the washer will be repaired, and he expected the part in 1/2 hour and would call me in the early afternoon..
I had not heard from the 2 IESS gals yet so I swallowed my anger and went to the IESS office.  I asked her to look up my email and neither her, nor the other gal, had received it.  We showed that to the department manager who just shrugged and commented that all communications should be in Spanish.  No wonder that office is in such disrepute and disarray.  It is funny that Diana Calle could not help me last week but today was able to enter my account with my password and confirm that I somehow did actually cancel my IESS coverage last week, but that did not stop them from taking my payments 2 days ago....  
Have I mentioned in the last 10 minutes how much I hate ANYTHING governmental in this country..........  Uggghhhhhhhhh......
A new development tonight as Cristina's sister has possibly found us a 3-bedroom house with garage and 2 patios and maid's room for under $250 a month.  They are in the process of upgrading the house and we will know tomorrow.  We will need to send more money in the morning...  Things could move very rapidly now....  
Is it bad of me to look forward to a few weeks without having to worry about dogs..??
I hope you enjoy the pictures of the sunrise again.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Sunrise shining on the Cajas to the northwest

Photos taken with the new Canon T7i

Amazing light sent across the sky

"The Antennas" shrouded in fog

This is the actual sunrise

Agave flowers??