Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thursday January 18, 2018 Cris to Colombia



Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Thursday January 18, 2018
I don't know if it was the Portuguese wine (not borracho) or maybe the McDonald's double-quarter pounder, but I watched the clock all night in my discomfort so I was moving pretty slowly after the 5am walk with the dogs.
We spent all morning getting the paperwork for Banco Pichincha  to make Cristina a signatory on my account and dragged poor Gustavo and his lawyer into it.  Then, after finally getting all the ducks in a row they tell us that Cristina is ALREADY a signatory...!!!  I honestly have no earthly recollection of doing this with BP, but I am positive we did it with Banco Del Austro.  Why in the world didn't they check and tell us that yesterday?????  Typical BS in Ecuador... Ugghhh
Then the rest of the day was getting dogs bathed, finishing the packing, getting the dogs their drowsy drops, etc, etc, etc.  The drivers were actually early.  They were going to start with 3 drivers but after loading all the dogs and accessories they decided that 2 drivers was enough, and Cristina was on her way by 5pm.  It is more or less 12 hours to the border and another 12 hours to Tulua.  A niece's boyfriend is picking the gang up at the border in the morning.
So, it is far from speculation any more, we have definite LIFTOFF!!!
Now it is just too empty and quiet in the house and I have already begun cleaning and throwing out unnecessary stuff now that the dogs are gone.  Then we can really get in earnest about selling the house.  I really don't want to be a landlord at all, much less an absentee landlord, so please pray to whomever it takes to get this done.  The sooner we can just sever ties with Ecuador the better......  We will pay the normal 3% commission to whomever sends us a qualified buyer, i.e. most of the money doesn't touch Ecuador...
Too busy for pictures today.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******