Monday, January 1, 2018

Monday January 1, 2018 Birthday/Dawn




Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
Maybe not….  I see that Google is glitching again... Sorry.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
******
Monday January 1, 2018
This getting old business isn't all it's cracked up to be...  No celebrations for Christmas, New Year's, or my Birthday today....  But I got a ton of good wishes from all quarters so I thank you all for that, sincerely!
Got to bed about 10pm and had to fight for space with 5 dogs and Cristina but did manage about 3 hours sleep before 2 alarms went off at 3am to get me up, shower and shave not fast enough because Harold, my ride, was early..
We zoomed to Guayaquil in 3 hours to the airport to pick up my niece Dawn who is here to help us organize for our move.  Her flights were iffy from Phoenix to Dallas because of an Ice Storm delay but it all worked out in the end, as she arrived from Quito this morning on a wide-body jet with only 9 passengers on board so she cleared customs within 10 minutes...  I was shocked!!
We came back and made a couple of stops at my favourite spots for coffee and photos.  One spot at about 10,000 feet up in the Andes, looking back to the coast looks like part of the ending in The Gods Must Be Crazy, where the Bushman finally finds "the end of the world" where you are above the clouds which stretch for miles to the ocean.  Another spot is at 13,500 feet at Tres Cruces where we had a batch of llamas/alpacas on the road.  All photos taken with the Panasonic Lumix ZS60.
Once home I have been running ever since, with photos, and sorting through all the nice stuff muled in to me by Dawn.... like my new Canon T7i camera kit (love it!), spices, clothes for Cristina, and much more.  Poor dawn had to sacrifice over 1/2 her suitcase to our purchases.  We will make it up to her...
Dawn is here to help us with some preparations to move and has even offered to help paint the house.... hmmm... very tempting....  I hate painting, or I should say that I have never got the hang of watching paint dry without seeing every brush stroke, lol...   She is a Godsend for me, helping with the dogs, and just being such a good sport about everything.  We've known each other since 1992 and have always gotten along so well, and she loves Cristina.
Anyway, I am dog-tired and hope to finish this Blog in one piece.  I took a couple of test shots on crappy jpg mode with the new camera, sorry, .. that was before I got into the settings....  Better shots in the future.  Love the settings on the new camera, and it has touch screen (this one likes me) and WiFi and Bluetooth....
Ready for some shut-eye now....  I'm old now...  BooHoo.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.
Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Love the mist and cloud on the foothills

Climbing up above cloud level

and higher yet...

This is my "end of the world"

Dawn and Harold at the end of the world

A little further up the road

The Lumix is the BEST for panoramas!!  I just adore this view, even on a mediocre day.

Gotta love the colors on this baby

She even gave me a smile

Our high point on this drive, about 13,500 feet

Black --- do you have any wool

Is this cute or what??

This one may be the boss of the herd...

Crappy test close-up with the new Canon

Crappy shot out the window on cheap jpg mode... ugh..