Friday, June 16, 2017

Thursday June 15, 2017 Herederos


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
******
Thursday June 15, 2017
Rainy weather is getting tiresome for everyone.  It is hard on all the outside vendors, dog walkers, and people who need to go places.  The only people who are probably consistently happy with any rain are the taxi drivers.
We finally made it to Coral to stock up on groceries again.  Judging from the $143 bill we should be good for 2 weeks this time.
I had been looking forward to this day all week because our buddy Cesar was cooking up beer-battered fish'n'chips at Charlie's Bar & Grill.  I had never been to Charlie's, and I always have a craving for the fish.  Gustavo met me there at 6:30 and my Canadian buddy, born just 30 miles from me in the same year, Michael Wanner was playing and singing with my friend Roxy Bondhus, a nice combination.  If this would be a weekly event I would be there every week..!  Even Ken and KP from Joes' came in to sample the fare.
Then Gustavo and I went to join the Herederos for our usual ride.  I was worried that they would choose to go to El Centro and Parque Calderon for the beginning of the Corpus Cristi celebrations.  While it is always a good photo op, I now worry about being in crowds of wall-to-wall people, having been successfully pick-pocketed twice in those situations.  So I was quite relieved when they said they were going to ride to Banos.  We all enjoyed some of the street food and took a few photos while we watched a big rain cloud climb the mountain and envelope us for almost an hour.  It gave everybody a chance to get some serious chat time in.
The number of street dogs in that area numbered about 10, all crowding around anywhere someone was eating.  There was one sweet cream-colored dog that was friendly and so cute that it benefitted from my generosity and came close to coming home with me.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
Rain at night, all you want...

And give us nice sunrises

Roxy belting out a tune

Michael providing the music

They are a good combination

The Herederos gathering at Nuna Restaurant

Parking at the Banos church area

The 3 crosses to the left of the church are impressive

Creaky wooden staircases in the left tower

Same thing in the right church tower

The street vendors seem to do a good business

8 bikes on this trip

Lovely spot to go

Lovely door art

Before the rain, having some rum+coke

Group shot #1

Group shot #2 - getting closer

Group shot #3