Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday June 9, 2017 Coopera


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.  
It seems to be working again! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
******
Friday June 9, 2017
Thursday:
Cristina wasn't happy with the camera on the used phone I got her, it was badly rubbed, so we just went back to the place where we bought it at Gran Colombia and Mariano Cueva. The fellow has been really good to us there and he replaced the camera right away at no charge. So we bought another memory card from him and he helped Cristina to reprogram her 2 phones, especially for Whatsapp which her family all uses.  It is so refreshing to see such service in Cuenca.
For a day that is supposed to have 70% chance of rain it has been a glorious day, and not 30C like they are having in Alberta. However the rain did hit in the late afternoon and early evening.
It was still raining pretty good here at 7:30 so I was sure that the Herederos ride would be rained out yet again.... We are getting so tired of this.  However later we saw on Whatsapp that some fellows did get out to ride regardless and posted over 300 messages on WhatsApp to prove it...  Good grief..
Friday:
Our Perjudicados (Injured) of Coopera got called to meet with two opposition candidates of Lasso's that got elected to the Assembly, Lourdes Cuesta and Esteban Bernal, at the Quinta Bolivar at 9:30.  They actually turned up close to on time and I was pleased that they rushed things along because I had physio scheduled at 11:00.   My hope was that our focus would be to try to work with the new President to bring about the changes we need.  President Lenin Moreno is seemingly much more amenable than the combative Correa and is talking about good things like Freedom Of The Press once again.  If we can't get him to pay off the Perjudicados rightfully, then we need to at least get him to separate the judiciary from the politice so we can properly sue for the wrongdoings.  I wrote a note to both candidates in English and Spanish outlining my thoughts because I knew that I would not be able to speak at the meeting.  The note was well received and we 3 expats at the meeting were acknowledged several times by everyone on the dais.  There is another glimmer of hope in our corner.
My last day of these sessions of physio finished today and then I see a new doctor Monday to see if we can changed tactics and try traction for a bit since nothing else is unblocking the offending nerve. It is getting that even a short walk causes my arms and legs to feel like they are burning. This is getting really tiresome so I am starting to put notes on paper to present to her in English and Spanish.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  They were all taken with my Motorola phone because I was traveling light this morning.  That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

This was our call to arms

The crowd gatherd at the Quinta Bolivar

Letter presented to the President by Graciela

Esteban Bernal, Graciela Estrella, Lourdes Cuesta & Alfredo

The crowd grew later

Everyone was anxious to hear our chances with the new govt.
Graciela has become a really vocal and active leader in the past year

Reporting on her trip to Quito to get her letter to the President

Lourdes is new but sounds very confident

Esteban is very good off the cuff

He will definitely make a good politician

Best of all, he seems to know what directions to take immediately