Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Wednesday June 14, 2017 PhotoShop


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.  
It seems to be working again! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
******
Wednesday June 14, 2017
Tuesday:
A lot of rain this morning and the rivers were very high once again. Couldn't walk the dogs like usual until much later in the day.
Cristina had some special tests done today and I accompanied her. While we were at her second appointment I received a message from the head of the new Camera Club about a meeting at 1pm. We made it home, hurriedly had lunch, and I made it to the meeting a couple of minutes late.
The acting head of the club, Michael from Ontario, said that he had been messaging me all week but they kept bouncing back, until today, because he was having problems with Google.... Anyway, almost everyone had brought some prints of their work for critiquing and I begged off doing so. I did not join the club to tell anyone that their work is substandard, or hear that they don't like my work... Everyone has a different view of things, has different likes, and has different reasons for their end product. My good photos end up as some form of artwork, they are no longer photographs... I looked up a couple of photos from my website and passed them around later and they were enthusiastically received.
Apparently another fellow from Ontario will be taking over the club at the next meeting in 2 weeks. I am hoping that the club will turn out to be more of a fun thing, with photo tours, etc.
Wednesday:
 I had an appointment to help a friend learn a little about PhotoShop at noon and it was still spitting here so I left early and caught my buses to the west end.  In hindsight I should have taken a chance with Buzzer because the day got progressively better and I ended up spending over 2 hours on buses.  One of the first things that I did upon arrival was to take 3 landscape shots in RAW format from his 7th floor condo and then a panorama which comes out as a JPG, don't ask me why...  My friend has an older computer hooked up to a huge screen and a mouseless keyboard.  The screen was bigger than my TV I am sure.
I wasn't sure what to expect because he has some new Cloud version of PhotoShop and zero experience with it.  First I tried to see if it would download my photos but it wouldn't, so then we proceeded to see which of his photos he would like to work with.  He indicated that he had hundreds of photos on his camera and the same on his telephone which he wanted to save to his computer which has an automatic backup.  So a lot of time was spent making a safe, easily found, file to work with and we downloaded all of them.
Next we picked some random photos and I began to explore his new PhotoShop version which, thankfully, wasn't that different from my version.  I do not profess to be an expert in PhotoShop but I can make it do most of what I need to begin the process for my artworks.  My friend did not need anything quite that fancy because his camera or phone only shoot in JPG format and he just wanted the basics to work with, color, clarity, contrast, cropping, etc.
Trying to navigate a complicated program like that, and explain it, to a complete novice is a lot harder than I envisaged.  We accomplished a lot over 4.5 hours but I know that my friend will need a refresher later unless he was really bold and tried a few things on his own right away.  I am sure that his memory is not much better than mine.
I had a devil of a time with buses on the return trip and gave up on the idea of trying to go for groceries.  My body was on fire and I need some rest.
So I don't have many photos today.  I did a stitch-job with the 3 single photos to compare with the actual panorama shot...  I wonder if you can pick out the difference??..Ha, ha.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
OK
 
Left shot

Center shot

Right shot

 
Is this the Stitched shot?

Is this the Panorama shot?