Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tuesday June 20, 2017 Cooking Class


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
******
Tuesday June 20, 2017
We had a meal a while back that Lotis had sent home with me for Cristina.  I think it was called Bar-I, and it is native to her island in the Phillipines.  Cristina loved it so much that she wanted to learn how to make it, so we asked Lotis to help us buy the ingredients and to concoct the meal.  Today was the long-awaited day and it was definitely worth the wait.
While we weren't able to buy the kind of proper ingredients available in places like New York, we are able to get substitutes and pretend they are the real thing.  I don't have the kind of sophisticated palate to know the difference, and the meal today wouldn't take a backseat to anything available in any restaurant here.   Deeeeeeelicious!!!
Mike and I whiled away our time trying to control the 4 dogs who were anxious to see what was cooking, and building up our appetites.
Later Cristina and I went to El Centro and I missed a turn, adding 4 blocks to our journey.  I sure felt stupid...  We were going to pick up Cristina's replacement phone only to find that it wasn't ready... come back tomorrow....  While I wasn't a happy camper about that, I was very happy to hear that the replacement is not going to cost us anything.
We got caught in a good rainstorm while riding home but luckily Cristina had both a jacket and an umbrella, so I got the umbrella.  We only had a block to go so we survived the downpour.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Lotis the cooking teacher

Cristina the student

Lots of ingredients to this meal

Mike having a tete-a-tete with Princesa

Turi is looking bored with everything

Princesa is getting hungry

And so is Jack

Mariposa is anxious too

The finished product - good for about 8 people

The proud cooks

The scrumptious Bar-I