Friday, June 2, 2017

Thursday June 1, 2017 Herederos


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.  
It seems to be working again! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
******
Thursday June 1, 2017
I had always known that the figures shown on the stats page for this Blog were out of whack because they always showed 3 different numbers in 3 different spots, and nothing ever tallied right.  The numbers shown lately have gone from a tremendous high to a very disappointing low.  I doubt that I could have lost hundreds of readers virtually overnight but I am facing the possible fact that I am wasting a lot of time and energy to chronicle our life in Ecuador...  Maybe my time would be better spent putting more of my work for sale on more sites...???  I am actually beginning to sell more work, especially on RedBubble lately because I have changed my focus to selling artworks, greatly aided by my new program, Smart Photo Editor, instead of just photographs...  What do you think?
Yesterday we bathed all four dogs who were actually pretty accommodating for us, thank God.  Then we clipped Jack with the new clippers.  He is even more active now, considering the loss of weight of all that hair he was carrying.  Sorry, I didn't take a shot yet of the newly clipped handsome boy, but he is definitely better-looking than the photos posted on Tuesday's Blog.  He is still up for adoption if anyone is interested in a lively companion.
Our buddy Oswaldo also popped in in Wednesday and we went together to the IESS Hospital where we both arranged appointments easily.  
Today I got busy processing more photos for sale but am still 5 months behind there.  On the flip side, I have more than a year's supply of photos to upload so I soon need to get back to uploading 3 per day like before.  All this work is incerdibly time-consuming, especially for RedBubble, but I am really starting to get sales from that site..  Mind you, I modestly think that my work has vastly improved.  Please check out my artwork at http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
The evening was quite nice so I went out to enjoy a ride with the Herederos.  The were actually starting on a very nice route to an area that we had not frequented in a long time.  All of a sudden our President, with his wife on the back, pulls up and gingerly gets his bike off to the side of the road.  
His back tire was flat and sliding off the rim.  We were in the Circumnavigacion Sur area and had to backtrack 1/2 a mile, with help, pushing his bike.  We got back to the Autopista and a couple of guys rode in either direction to find either a place to leave the bike or a tire shop.  Christian luckily found a tire shop open just 2 blocks to the West.  I flagged down a good Samaritan in a pickup, and we loaded the bike quickly and got it to the tire shop where they repaired the leak in the tire tube.
Next door to the shop was a BBQ place so we went there for a bite.  $4.75 for a plate of BBQ ribs and a large Club beer were just the ticket.  We also got to watch the end of the International Copa Sudamerica match between Deportiva Cuenca and Bolivia.  The 1-1 game went to penalty kicks where Cuenca sadly lost 7-6. 
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


My obligatory Thursday shot of Todos Santos

Lots of kids waving at me from the balcony around the church

The stadium is all lit up for the soccer game tonight

Getting ready to leave the Puente Roto

These two are ready first

Turning back and pushing the bike

Can't ride on this for long..

Good Samaritan helps out our leader

Ready to head to the tire shop
 
Lucky to have a tire shop open at 9pm...

The rim and tire are removed

Anita and Isabel grace our group this evening

The gals and the Doctors

Lots of supervisors curious about the work

They found a hole in the tire tube

Ready to move next door to eat

The fateful missed kick where Cuenca loses the game