Friday, June 23, 2017

Thursday-Friday June 22-23, 2017 Herederos

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right >>>>>>>
******
Thursday-Friday June 22-23, 2017
Thursday I badly needed a day of rest because I am not getting the sleep I need with this neurological problem that just won't improve.  I am using my TENS machine regularly now but any relief is purely temporary.  I start physio again on Monday but I am not hopeful after hearing some of the regimen inposed by the Doctor to the Therapist.
We got, and disseminated, notice that the Liquidator will be announcing the next payout for Coopera, with $2,400,000 being proportionately split to the remaining 518 investors.  The notice is supposed to be in all the papers tomorrow that this will occur from June 28 to July 14.
But I did drag my sorry a$$ out to ride with the Herederos.  They initially wanted to just ride to El Centro for Corpus Cristi and I was not enthused about that because I got my phone stolen the last time I went into crowds downtown.  But then we heard that one of our members was at IESS Hospital where his wife was about to undergo surgery.  He had not eaten in a long time so the decision was made to grab him some food and meet him at the Hospital.
We actually stopped at Big Kabuda's Burgers to grab him a good meal and met him at the Emergency entrance.
Then they decided to ride up to Baguanchi, straight south of here, where I was just a couple of days ago.  I always called this area El Valle because the #15 bus is called the El Valle bus (along with #14) and it comes up here to Baguanchi and turns around..  So that is my mistake for the past 5 years...  The roads are being repaired in different areas and in typical Ecuadorian style, big piles of dirt or big depressions are not roped off or marked for danger in any way.  There was a co-ed community soccer match going on in the schoolyard and some cute spectators liked my camera...

Friday AM we enjoyed another beautiful sunrise then I was rushing to get as much accomplished as I could, then showered rapidly and got Buzzer over to the dealer.  I have had to kick-start it about 5 times over the last 3 days and it is a real pain-in-the a$$ so I told them to find out if it is an electrical problem sucking the battery dry, or if the battery itself is the culprit (and that is my bet)...  I also decided to get another early oil change and warranty check while they are at it.
I had checked all the local papers online and there is not one peep about the Coopera payout.  Anything to do with Government in this country is always an exercise in frustration.
There were a bunch of tents getting set up at the Artesanal Center at Bolivar and Huayna Capac, with a lot of it appearing to be about the Paramedic services...
I also spotted a large billboard for a motorbike auction on July 8 by the El Juri group, no address... We are supposed to magically know where the old Coca-Cola warehouse is in the Industrial Park....
 I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al
******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

The gorgeous Puente Roto (Broken Bridge)

A big tree toppled into the Tomebamba, stripped clean

Todos Santos is irrresistible for a night shot.

A few of us are ready to ride

Reverse angle on the bridge

Meeting Christian at Emergency

Stopped at Baguanchi with a soccer game behind us

Lineup #1 with flash

Lineup #2 without flash

This little guy was interested in our bikes

This little gal wanted her photo tken, then got reluctant, ha, ha

Don't know if this is a street dog or not

The Coopera notice I received

Friday sunrise #1

Friday sunrise #2

Mourning dove in the morning

Friday sunrise #3

Friday sunrise #4

Friday sunrise #5

Wanna buy a bike???