Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday June 9, 2015 Canmore

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday June 9, 2015
I started to wander towards downtown around noon and got drawn by huge BEST BUY banners so I found the store and did a little browsing.  First I picked up a wireless mouse to use with this laptop because it is so much easier to operate from a distance at times.  Then I kept going back to look at this little Samsung camera because I had been hankering for a pocket camera for those situations where dragging the big camera isn't desired.  Finally a saleslady came to help me and I got to try it out and I was impressed!  It also has a Panorama feature, so that is a huge plus.
Then I got a call from my old sweet co-worker Janice and she came to meet me then suggested that we zip out to Canmore for a drive so I readily agreed.  I haven't been there in many years but it hasn't changed much.  I really loved working right in the mountains and having that awesome sight available 24-7.
I bought us an awesome fish 'n chip supper at the Rose & Crown.  I have been craving that meal since I got to Canada, and this was my second opportunity to enjoy it.
I have also been in contact with other old friends and that will help while away the days until I need to depart.   
I am missing my house and my own amenities, but I am enjoying myself with my old buddy Keith who has always been a good friend and ally.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Taken yesterday as I was waiting for the bus

The fabulous Bow Building from the C-Train

Bunny rabbit at Mom's complex

Another shot on the walk home

First shot to test my new little camera

Janice came to join me


This is the site where I first lived in Calgary in 1971

My new camera, only $116

On our way on the Trans-Canada highway towards Canmore/Banff

A heavy haze surrounded the Rockies

The famous "Three Sisters" above Canmore

Lots of mining of lime for making cement

I love the Rockies.....

This water pond is part of the electricity generation above Canmore

Skiers from all over train at the Canmore Nordic Centre

Warning sign for our cats

Beautiful scenery at the Nordic Centre

Many countries' flags are represented here

They are called the Rockies for a reason....

The last shot of the day with the little camera

Delicious cod fish 'n chips....

Big resort above Deadman's Flats

Last shot before heading home....