Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday June 23, 2015 Scootin'

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday June 23, 2015
Last night I had a visit from my buddy Oswaldo, catching up on the gossip and picking his brain about buying a scooter.  It is better to be informed when acting on anything here.
I am still a little jet-lagged, can't sleep in enough to counteract it yet, too many things on the brain, and the brain is small....
I got up early enough to do laundry before Spanish class which was productive in itself.  I am actually learning some useful conversation pieces.
Then I had lunch with my buddy Raul and caught up on his views of the city and the world.  He dropped me off near the bus terminal so that I could check out some scooters.  Yamaha was still trying to sell 125cc 2013 scooters for $2500 with a 1-year warranty.  I took Oswaldo's suggestion and checked out Multimotos on the next corner and his favourite 2015 Motor-1Fatty scooter.  I haggled a little and then had to check out the dealer I had seen before I left for Canada, over on Remigio Crespo.  My memory said that they were selling the same scooter for less.  It turns out that it is a different scooter, Viper, and the warranty was only 1 year, not 2 years as the salesman told me a month ago.
So back I went to Multimotos and haggled some more.  I ended up getting the 2015 Fatty Scooter 150cc (fat and bigger tires for a smoother ride), with registration, license, and helmet for $1,750.  It has a 15,000 km or 15 month warranty, plus the dealer has his own shop with factory parts.  They didn't have a white one like I wanted so I settled for a bright red one.  They need 3 days to get the paperwork done and to prep the bike so I pick it up on Friday.  Then I will have a new toy to outfit so that it will be functional and practical, ...just like me...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

Elliott, Tracy, Priscilla, Sol and Roxy in my Spanish class

This will be my new toy/project

I would like to put a larger rack on the back (with backrest?)

A pretty bike with nice, big tires

Strong enough for me, I hope

Yup, she is brand-new