Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday June 30, 2015 Ootanaboot

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday June 30, 2015
I am meaning "out and about", but some people seem to think that Canadians say Ootanaboot...  maybe Scots or Irishmen do, Canadians don't.
Since the accident on Friday I have basically stayed in hibernation to let my body heal and to keep my bandage clean.  Then I had a real busy day...
I did not sleep all night, don't know why, so I gave up and got up just after 5am and did my photo uploads.
Then on the way to Spanish class I saw the city lawn care group in full motion so I dug out the little camera.  The sun was blazing and there wasn't a cloud in the sky at that moment and all the flowers looked so inviting too.  Then a whole troupe of schoolkids added to the cuteness quotient.
We have a temporary Spanish teacher but we did accomplish a lot.
Then I did a badly needed grocery run and picked up all the necessities that I had let run dry before I had left for Canada.  Coral is such a handy and reasonable store for me.
Next was a trip to the Emergency room at the IESS hospital down the street to get my elbow re-bandaged properly, etc.  They ended up cleaning it off really good again and advising me NOT to bandage it, to let the air at it so it can scab properly.  So I am back to short sleeves for a while.   It is a good thing that the sun finally decided to make an appearance today.
Then I packed up my Mr Coffee coffeemaker and my tiny electric fan and headed to my old neighborhood to see the electricity wizard who speaks English.  He checked both and they weren't cheaply repairable (Mr Coffee was 13 years old at least) so I paid him for his time and continued on.
Our old buddy Segundo and his family is almost next door to the electric shop so I popped in.  I was actually surprised to see Segundo there in the daytime.  I normally see his wife and many of the 17 kids they have between them..  We had a nice visit and he wants me to stop by more often.  He always wants to practice his English.
Then I decided that I might as well try to find a bike lock for the scooter and I found a short one at the second place I stopped.  Then  I began the long walk home so that I could stop in at Coral again and pick up a coffee maker with an automatic shut-off.  They did not have any small fans like I had... that will be hard to find.
I got wind of a gathering tomorrow noon for Canadians at Black Olive Bistro (run by ex-Montrealer Melissa), since it will be July 1st.  I will see how I sleep tonight before I will commit to going.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

There must be a dozen or so in this crew with weed-whackers

It looks like they are making repairs

What a gorgeous sunny morning

Sign on Spanish teacher's scooter - Keep your distance...

Pink flowers

Did I say that it was a gorgeous morning?

Wash day for this family

Red flower

Yellow flower

Some kids showed up outside

Then more kids..

They really are well-behaved here