Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thursday June 5, 2015 Colleen's

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday June 5, 2015
Today I had to leave the wonderful Guest suite in Evergreen and we sincerely thank Bob and Anne for all their assistance.   Once I had emptied and cleaned the place I went to Tim's for a quick breakfast, coffee and Internet.
It was also my last day with the rental car so I had to make that count too.  I visited Mom after lunch and finally coaxed her to come for a car ride.  She continuously complains to anyone that will listen that she had not been out of the building for over a year, so I told her that all she had to do was say "yes" today, and all that would change, and she accepted the challenge.
First we went to check out the church where the funeral will be held tomorrow morning for Mrs Lyttle, my sister Leonie's mother-in-law.  This lovely lady was always a delight to meet with her grand smile.  She had spent almost all of her 93 years living independently in her own home.  Tomorrow we say goodbye.
Then Mom and I traveled across town to see her old house and to check out all the flowers and trees along the way.  Mom really enjoys these quick trips, between bathroom breaks, and I wish she would agree to get out more often.
Then I high-tailed up to the north end to see my God-Daughter Erin, her Mom Colleen, and the 2 kids, Isaac and ??Jessica?? (my memory sucks big-time), anyway, the little 2.5 year-old talking machine that had us in stitches the whole time.   It was a short visit but always nice to touch base with family and friends.
Then I beetled it over to the airport to turn in the rental car on time.   I dragged all my baggage over to a place where my buddy Keith could pick me up when he was done work.  
I first met my friend Keith in about 1988 when we both worked for the same Insurance company, and we have worked at at least 2 other different places as well.  He has always been the first person to offer a lending hand and we have had some very good times over the years, especially playing wallyball for many years.  It is truly sad to see this vibrant and positive man being slowly decimated by a debilitating muscular degeneration, but he does not let it get him down.  He really is an inspiration.  I will spend most of my time here in Calgary helping him where I can.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Proof that Mom did actually get out today for a ride

Shot of the skyline while driving

Mom & Lou's old house has been re-painted

The back yard still has very mature trees

Another skyline shot taken while driving

Colleen's door signs got me giggling

The little talking machine... and Felix the cat

Isaac and the Chatterbox

Colleen and Erin and kids #1

Colleen and Erin and kids #2