Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Tuesday June 2, 2015 Okotoks

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday June 2, 2015
Happy 75th Birthday to my brother Laurent.   May you have many more Bro!
After a quick visit to Mom this morning we made our way to Bob & Anne's to do the pre-boarding and to print the boarding pass for Yvette to leave in the morning.  I am not looking forward to going through the heart of rush hour to get to the airport but there is no other option.  I am also going to be sad to see Yvette leave, she is such good company, and to also give up the rental car.  Then I will have to navigate right across the whole city by bus.  That should be a baptism by fire....
Next was the trip to Okotoks to Tim Horton's for lunch and to do emails and yesterday's Blog for starters.  Then we made some lightning visits to our old neighbors, Ted & Janet, aged 90 and 88 respectively.   They haven't aged a day since I left!
Next was a few minutes to say Hi to Teresa and my old schoolmate Roland at Okotoks Glass, before a quick pit stop at my old workplace at McFarlane Agencies.
My appointment at 3pm with Ken, my financial guru, went like clockwork.  I am so lucky to have such a personable and honest fellow watching over my meager investments.
At 4 pm I was visiting with Galina at CIBC to change my address, and to arrange for problem-free money transfers when the time comes.  I changed some money to US Dollars and paid a .274 extra exchange.  Ouch, that hurts.  I think that I made a good move to sell my car in Ecuador to enable me to ride this out for a while.
Next was a real treat as we went to Original Joe's to meet with our "wing night" gang.  We started this group 10 years ago and it is heartening to see that friends still get together.  Our sister Leonie and husband Brian joined us, as did friends Lorne & Mary, and Ross & Linda.  The regulars of Gord and Em, Gary and Sheila, and Paul and Jackie were also there so we had quite a table-full.  The poor waitress had a fun time with the bills...  I really hope that I get to come back for wing night again before I leave.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Ted & Janet look so good for 90 and 88

I sure miss my beautiful dream home in Okotoks

Apparently it was up for sale again for a while, .. sniff...

Roland & Teresa look happy and prosperous

This poster says I can post photos here...


Gary, Gord, Em and Sheila at "wing night"

Paul, Jackie, Yvette, Leonie and Brian are there too

Em wanted a photo without her glasses on...

Lorne & Mary came later, (and Ross & Linda much later...)