Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday June 15, 2015 BBQ

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Monday June 15, 2015
Saturday Keith and I went out for supplies for a Thank You Barbeque with our upstairs hosts Bill and Leanne.  They have been such pleasant people and are a great help to Keith who bravely copes with an uncommon muscle disorder which makes many simple tasks a horrific ordeal.  Even going up one step is impossible without some external available support. Keith is such an inspiration as he continues to work at age 76 and live on his own as he realizes that doing tasks on his own is the only thing that keeps him from slipping into a bedridden state.   He even is able to drive yet!
Keith and I went to his favourite Co-op store and I agreed to pick up the steaks.  Co-op is very sneaky in advertising their steaks on a 100gm basis.  $5.99/100gm sounds so much more palatable for Top Sirloin than $60/kg.  Four lovely steaks set me back $80 but it was worth it for the lovely meal that we had.
Sunday Keith and I went shopping for  new microwave for his place, since his ancient one crapped out and this was my gift to him for allowing me to stay so comfortably with him.   Then he drove me over to Mom's for a visit and I was joined there by my sister, Leonie.  Leonie is thankful that Mom's demeanor is a lot better when I am around to visit and that makes her load much easier to handle.  She has been the only family member handling Mom's care onsite for almost 4 years and it has not been easy, especially considering That she lives about an hour away.  Our brother Fern moves back to Calgary on Thursday so that will be another great relief to Mom and Leonie as I depart on Friday.  
Today I installed the new microwave and whiled away my time until I went out to meet an old colleague and friend, Diane to laugh about old times and discuss our present situations.  Diane and I have been friends from the insurance business since 1969 so we go back a lot farther than we care to remember.  It always is a great pleasure to get together and reminisce with her.
Another lovely but somewhat cooler day today that is making me homesick for Cuenca.   There is so much that I have to accomplish when I return and I am so anxious to get back and get cracking.  Hugs to everyone.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Bill is a BBQ master so supper was amazing

Expensive but delicious Top Sirloin steaks grilled perfectly

Bill, Leeanne and Trixy are such good people

My old buddy Diane

Skyline of Calgary from 17th Avenue

Tighter shot of some of the landmark buildings