Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday June 7, 2015 Sunrise

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday June 7, 2015
Happy Birthday to my son Todd.   
I slept with the window open at my sister's last night and breathed in the fresh Alberta country air.  About 5:30am the cattle lowing in the next pasture got me awake.  My brother-in-law Brian had told me to keep an eye for possible spectacular sunrises so I dug out the camera and waited a bit.  He also mentioned the nice glow that a sunrise can have on the Rockies, but I waited too long to get a proper shot of that.  
After church Leonie and I headed into Calgary to see Mom who was waiting for us.  We played a little Tile Rummy and Mom again showed us that she hasn't lost her touch on that game.....  Then we went for a walk, just to see if her new beau was waiting in his usual spot...  Mom just lights up when she talks about him and she positively beams when he is sitting there.   His name is Keith and he lavishes attention on Mom, and she appears smitten, even at age 99, and he is probably young enough to be her son...  It is so cute.
Leonie and I had supper together and she was kind enough to drive me right into Keith's place near the center of Calgary.  Actually, I drove in because I knew the quickest route in, and out, so she could get back home with a minimum of problems.
The first order of business was to get busy doing laundry while Keith got gussied up to go to a concert with a pretty neighbour.
In checking my emails I was quite surprised to hear from a former girlfriend in Cuenca professing eternal love for me.  Yes, I still have that effect on women, lmao.....
Onward and upward.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Alberta sunrise #1

Alberta sunrise #2

Alberta sunrise #3

Early morning light on the Rockies

Mom and Leonie on our walk

I love this chess set at Mom's facility

I find these so very impressive