Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday June 19, 2015 Ontario

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday June 19, 2015

Yesterday was a day of laundry, a last visit with Mom, a lovely supper with Keith and then packing.  I am glad that the meeting with Mom, who was in good spirits again, wasn't a tearful drawn-out affair.  I kept telling her that I would be back in 49 weeks for her 100th Birthday.
This morning Keith drove me to the airport and there were no hitches as I was early and able to pay cash for my luggage fee.  I thought I had been smart in getting an Exit row seat by the window but that was one of the most uncomfortable rides ever.  Sure, I had legroom, but I had no left armrest, the seats were vinyl and hard, and they did not recline nor have lumbar support.
I was so glad to get landed in Hamilton and to see my lovely sister Yvette waiting for me.  I was further brightened to see that my Bank had delivered on their promise to correct my credit cards and deliver them to Vineland.  Now that they are activated I hope I don't have any further problems for a while.
Lou & Yvette's birds and flowers are always a delight to photograph and Lou went out of his way after supper to get me a view of the Toronto skyline, 40 miles across Lake Ontario...
I have heard of many friends, and friends of friends, having heart attacks and other medical emergencies and we wish everyone well.   It is a pointed reminder for all of us to "Carpe Diem" for sure.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Mom was in good spirits yesterday

49 weeks to her 100th

I got there just before this minor afternoon monsoon

I love this downtown sculpture in Calgary

Another nearby kinky sculpture

A view from the 8th street underpass

A view from 10th Ave

A view from near 11th St

Misty morning view on the way to the airport

View from the airport

Another view with a jet taking off in the distance

A view before we get above the clouds

The best airline in Canada

Almost a full passenger list to Hamilton....   why??

Hamilton airport has a museum for old planes

These planes were getting ready to take off

Gorgeous little bumblebee plane....

These old planes have panache

Even the sparrows seem more colorful in Ontario

Very strange climbing plant has these incredible flowers

Can you see the fly..??  Dead center..

This grackle chases other birds away from the feeder

I didn't realize they had an iridescent blue upper body

Pretty flowers 

40+ miles away to Toronto

This is the west end of Lake Ontario


Toronto skyline from a great distance away