Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday January 23, 2024 Finalizing

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Tuesday January 23, 2024

We did not undertake an official dog walk this morning, but we did take 4 of our poodle-haired dogs 2.5 blocks to get clipped, Princesa, Buddy, NeNe and Dary.  They always look like young, new dogs after the haircuts, and so much cooler as it hit 35C today.  Dary gets a subsidized haircut by the grandmother of the stylist so he is spending a Thank You night with her, and Cristina will pick him up inthe morning...

I spent much of the day finalizing and double-checking details and went to get all documentation printed because our printer is on the Fritz...

Our friend Tony does indeed live just a short distance from our hotel in Medellin and the taxi driver confirms our pick-up.  All good there.

The hotel in Cartagena is literally 5 blocks from the airport and a 6-minute walk if they don't have a free shuttle.  Seeing as we come in at almost midnight, I am hoping for their shuttle.

I am ashamed that I started a dog fight today, one of my worst fears.  The dogs all bark when someone is at the door or when we arrive or leave.  Cristina was returning from getting ground corn for the birds while we are away and the dogs were very loud and would not quit on my command as they often do...  I went after the worst offender, Nina, with my Croc and that caused a gang-up on her, literally my worst fear.  It took a while to break it up and I began to wonder if the dogs were actually rushing to my protection and aid the way they all attacked Nina....  Gosh I hope that such a fight never breaks out when we are not home....  Such a tragedy would haunt me.

Now I am told that we don't need advance tickets to catch the bus to Armenia to get our first flight, we just have to show up at the Terminal and buses leave every few minutes.  As long as we are at the airport by 5pm I will be happy, and sincerely hope it is a cooler day tomorrow, but the outlook is showing partly cloudy and 35C again.  I am told the buses are newer, and air-conditioned, but I somehow doubt that the airport will be.

I am presently listening to music from the best year EVER = 1964!!!!  Such nostalgia for me....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

NeNe

Buddy

Princesa