Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Tuesday January 2, 2024 Birthdays

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Tuesday January 2, 2024

Yesterday, my Birthday, was spent doing the Blog for New Year's Eve, Whyte Ave Photos, etc., then trying to catch up on sleep, which is not a good way to really get good REM sleep....  And then, slowly picking away at gathering the niggly items to prepare for the trip.

And, I did laundry,... on my Birthday.... groan.....

Thank you everyone for the many Birthday greeting from around the globe.  It is always nice to be remembered.

Today I was up too early and was working when I realized that I was missing the Canadian Juniors play Czechia, just catching the third period with the score already 2-2.  For 19 minutes Canada played hard enough to win, but full credit to the big Czech goalie and poor connections for our boys who deserved a win.  With one minute to go to overtime I could sense Canada coasting and the Czechs pressing, and correctly predicted that we were going to lose this game..... 30 seconds later....  Next game is Thursday..

I started packing more stuff needed for an extended trip, like the laptop, car cam, chargers, etc.  But my biggest accomplishment was to call-forward my regular phone, change the message, and direct all calls to my Fongo phone 587-887-0488 which works overseas because it thinks it is still in Canada (VOIP)!   I tested it, and it works!   I probably have to be on wifi somewhere for it to work in Colombia.

And I badgered my banker to get my US cash that I needed.  I freaked when she said to expect it Thursday or Friday!  Jeepers!!!  Too bloody late!!!!!  The excuse is that no branch carries much cash anymore, relying on ordering from Brinks as required, and subject to their schedules....  But she was an absolute darling and called around and found the required amount at the downtown branch which I was able to pick up today easily.  She's got my undying gratitude for that excellent customer service.

Then I let Bob pick the place of his choice for a Birthday supper tonight because I won't be here Jan 8 for the actual event...  He chose Popeye's Louisiana Chicken.... Cajun, you know.... basically hot stuff.... and we had a nice meal together.

When I am done this Blog I will join Bob to watch a little Oilers hockey...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Popeye's Ghost Pepper Sandwich, fries + rings

Bob had less spicy chicken nuggets

Popeye's was pretty popular tonight