Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Tuesday January 16, 2024 Plans

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Tuesday January 16, 2024

Last night, we did research together to undertake a sightseeing beach trip that Cristina has wanted for a long time.  Once I nailed down the best airports itineraries, we did the bookings, all through Avianca who we somewhat trust...  So, after a short bus ride, at 7:13pm Weds Jan 24, we will fly from Armenia to Medellin and spend 3 days.  Saturday Jan 27 we fly at 10:30pm to Cartagena on the Caribbean coast for 5 days.  Neither of us have been to either city but know many friends who have, and it is our turn!  We fly back to Pereira Feb 1 at 7:18pm and pray for good bus connections to get home that night.

Booking lodgings is more complicated with location, air-conditioning, wifi, and free breakfast for Cristina being the criteria.  Onward and upward!

This morning, after a poor sleep, we sadly skipped the dog walk in favor of being semi-bright for my dentist appointment at 8:30am when it is cooler.  The dentist did the exploratory work to repair 8 teeth (no cavities) and made a nightime mouth guard to protect from the grinding which has damaged 6 of my front teeth....  We return Thursday 9am for the actual work, but paid the $295 CAD fee in advance.  This dentist is really good!

We passed a new, large breakfast/lunch buffet place and had a soup between us. The menu is strictly local, normal fare, so I doubt that they will survive long.  But, I could be wrong.. maybe it is good and competitive and the people are not looking for adventurous foods....

My good wife wants me outfitted for walking on our upcoming trip so we took a "pirata" taxi to Tulua to find good, light walking shoes.  In the third store we checked we found a nice pair of "Northern" slip-on shoes for $39 CAD so we are both happy.  I cannot complain about the VIP treatment I am getting since I arrived.

We had a long nap and went out back to check on the critters.  I did not realize that the pen that holds the very tame dove Palomin also houses a large chicken and apparently a chick that was hiding...!!!  The duck Paty was having a bath and looked very happy in her enclosure....

So that is life in the fast lane.....  Apparently Thursday in the town's Fiesta for crowning the new Queen, etc.  And Friday is supposed to be a Cabalgata of my favourite Paso Fino horses and the gorgeous riders....  How lucky can I be...????  I need to make sure the Nikon batteries are charged up!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Buffet place painting

Pardon me Roy,....

Paty having a bath

She seems very content

Chicken through the mesh

Smaller mesh on this shot

Palomin is too tame and trusting to be freed...

Feeding time again

3 levels of birds, lol