Monday, January 8, 2024

Monday January 8, 2024 Ready

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday January 8, 2024

Lou went to watch the news at 9pm last night, then bed, and Yvette and I continued playing Pay Me until 2am....

I was up by 9:30am so I have been dragging my butt all day, but did manage to get some important things done for the upcoming trip Wednesday night...

I did the Check-Mig(racion) online form for entry to Colombia and printed that for safety.  I found it odd that the form would not accept a two-letter first name.... WTF?

At 11am I got an email from the cellular repair guy that the new speaker for my phone had arrived.  

I called my buddy Bob in Edmonton twice for his Birthday today.  The poor guy seems lost without me to listen to his news every day.  The speaker on my phone was acting up again.

Lou finally woke up so we had a quick brunch and made it over the the repair guy's house at 1:15pm and waited 20 minutes while he replaced the speaker, and he had to glue the back onto the phone so I had to wait an hour to unwrap it...  The phone works great again.

Our laundry was done for our single change of clothes, I had a quick nap but did not sleep, and we played more cards...

We stopped for leftover tourtiere and played more cards.  My buddy, Aram from Kentucky, called on WhatsApp so his cowboy friend could serenade us live with a country tune.  I had big problems hearing Aram (his fault), but his friend and his music came through very clearly.

We have now stopped playing while Lou watches the news and Yvette is online with sister Leonie and their rosary group. Their prayers must work for me and I wish they would work as well for everyone else...  So many people have so many medical problems.  My biggest problems are my sore arms, which are worse than usual today, but then they had a good workout taking down Christmas decorations in the cold.

But we are so very thankful for our reasonably good health, good friends, and super family.   Hugs to everyone!

No pictures.   I have changed the settings in the Nikon to shoot Fine JPG instead of RAW because of the problems with the laptop's PhotoShop. I may be wrong,but I have enabled SnapBridge whichI think automatically send the photos to my phone as well....  I guess we will find out if that is a good thing or not....

That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start

 

 

 

Fin