Monday, January 1, 2024

Sunday December 31, 2023 Goodbye 2023

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday December 31, 2023

Friday I got busy preparing my laptop and electronics for the trip and the related info and passwords that a person needs...  Lots more to go!

At 11am we watched Canada's Juniors play Sweden and be sorely outplayed and outshot...  Canada's shooting accuracy needs to improve a lot if they expect a medal, much less gold.  The talent is there, the cohesiveness is beginning, but improvement is needed in controlling the puck and finding the opposition's net.

Don came down for lunch here and watched the game with me.  I invited him later for salad for supper as well and we watched my #2 favourite movie, The Blind Side, which still makes me emotional.  After he left, I read my book while watching McClintock with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, one of my favourite combinations...

Saturday was a rest day, sleeping most of the day before going to Bob's at 5pm for an impromptu early birthday celebration with a mountainous plate of ham with scalloped potatoes...  And we watched the Oilers continue their winning ways.

Today, I prepared to go with Bob to enjoy Blues On Whyte at the Commercial hotel with Bob, but he unfortunately was not feeling well and begged off at the last moment so I went alone.  I sat in my favourite spot and took a few photos and a video of the fun entertainment provided by host Leo Martinez and his wonderful guests......  Fiddlers Braden Gates and Darla Daniels, accompanied by Mat Patenaude is always fun.........  Following is an original tune by Darla.

https://youtu.be/HkSyw6aOMGc

I even got in a couple of dances and had a couple of brews to celebrate the upcoming New Year and Birthday.  The incriminating photo was taken by Braden!

This celebration only lasted until 7pm and then Darla and Mat were to perform outside with the fireworks show downtown at Churchill Square around 9:30pm.  My plan was to show up there until I got a call from my cousin Jeanne to join her and her friend Meng for a private celebration.  We had pizza, cinnamon buns, cakes, wine and a lot of laughs.  I had taken the LRT there and Meng drove me home.  We left as the clock passed 12:00am, ushering in the New Year and my latest Birthday.  Thanks everyone for making it a very enjoyable day.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Bob put a banner specifically for my birthday...  Nice!

Coming dusk over the North Saskatchewan

Leo and Braden make a great duo


Darla making a video for YouTube

Balloon drop is ready for midnight

Leo, Darla and Mat make a great trio!


See the video above


Sisters from St Albert having fun with their Dad

Darla is so spiritual


Old guy dancing...

Dad with one daughter

The other 2

Fun is the name of the game

Mugging with cousin Jeanne

Early cake

Blowing the candles

Only 3 candles...  It was too easy, lol...

Had to get a shot of Meng too.