Saturday, January 20, 2024

Friday January 19, 2024 Paso Fino Cabalgata

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday January 19, 2024

Cristina had a bad migraine that she says began with that Italian pizza of Gianni's, so I walked my usual 4 dogs alone at 5am.

I re-charged the Nikon batteries while Cristina went to the cemetery to adjust flowers on Christian's crypt.  The I napped, ate the rest of the leftover pizza with the dogs, and napped again...

Cristina seemed sure that the coming Cabalgata of the Paso Fino ponies would start earlier, around 5pm, but I was adamant that they wouldn't show  up until dark, like always...  So we wandered at the main park, getting henna spray tattoos on both arms, with each of us getting "Christian" on one..

We wandered more and ended up at Nativa's for a 1/2 hour, expecting to find the horses gathering around the rejuvenated Recreational Park, but it was deserted... but set up with a monstrous sound stage for late night blaring music until 4am.  We rushed home to get ready again as we heard the sounds of the parade finally beginning, at dark, just as I said it would...  

We leaned against barricades at our usual spot 1.5 blocks away and shot 152 pictures.  The parade only ran from7pm until 9pm so it was relatively short and not as exciting as previousbig ones.

I passed my phone to Cristina to take some videos of the action and she did a great job, taking 12 of them.  The only place I could find to post them easily was to Facebook, beginning here:

https://www.facebook.com/665906995/videos/pcb.10160478067756996/733481938732568

I worked on 100 photos until 1am and crashed.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  Somehow Google has managed to screw up the order, again......  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start

 

 







With Victor

Aunt Nativa

The naspiring Queens led the parade