Monday, January 15, 2024

Sunday January 14, 2024 Visit

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday January 14, 2024

Saturday evening we had bought a meat/corn grinder because Cristina said that the raw corn is much cheaper than the crushed corn, so she wanted to crush her own....  I put the machine together and she adjusted it to work properly for her.  My wife can be very practical and frugal.

Young Sofia visited and played Parcheezi (sp?) with Cristina.

Sunday morning we walked 6 dogs with the addition of 3-legged Mona who whined mercilessly to come along.  She was a trooper, but did need quick rest stops occasionally.  We again did the route past the horses and the Recreational Park.

Cristina was determined to tint my hair a copper brown so I let it happen, even if I personally do not like the look at all.  She says that it makes me look 50 again, which would make me younger than her and both my children, lol.  I was not fooled....  I am still old, fat, bald (with yucky hair) and ugly.  Even duct tape can't fix that... or WD40 for that matter....

I called my two buddies at the Manoir, Bob and Don, on my Fongo number to check up on them with the -50C cold snap in the area, reportedly colder than both the Arctic and Antarctica!!!  They are not foolish enough to go out in such weather except for required medical appointments...  With the windchill, the temp was -58C, which is as cold as I can ever remember.

We had a quick lunch and went to Tulua to visit one of Cristina's half-sisters, Beatriz and her family because she was reportedly ailing, but there was no evidence of that at all thankfully.  Her husband Willian, son Jhon Willian (these are not misspelled), daughter (born a son) Ahimara, mother Angela?, and another half-sister Patricia were there for the festivities.

Drinks, and a lunch of chinese rice with shrimp were passed around and, as we always do, Willian and I played favourite Oldies music while soccer games played on the TV.  Jhon's girlfriend Angie joined us as well for a short time.  

Cristina has many half-siblings as her father was a man-about-town until he mysteriously disappeared.  With the succession laws in Colombia being similar to Ecuador, the state overrides any will and tries to be fair to all surviving brothers and sisters, legitimate or not.  This always makes for messy family fights about splitting properties and the proceeds. 

We had a very good time with the old music and left by taxi in the evening to the old bus station where we connect with "piratas" (pirate private taxis) who travel to Andalucia for a pittance (5000 pesos a head, = $1.28 USD to go about 10 kilometers..).  And it turned out that the driver at the head of the line was another cousin of Cristina's.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


New grinder at work

Sofi lounging about like a teen

Cristina with Mona and NeNe 5am

Mama and a colt are bin this enclosure

Whitey is still in the same place too

The Animal Park is gone, pagoda and all!

Even construction to the east.  2 female police...

The central park downtown

Abstracts should be hung abstractly

Ahimara, Patricia, Beatriz, Cristina

Willian wants his photo taken

Willian is a great guy

Willian and Beatriz

Beatriz is so lovely

A lovely fun couple

The hats are Willian's idea

Ahimara has great features

Willian and Jhon Willian

Jhon is a soccer player



Willian and his visitor