Monday, January 22, 2024

Monday January 22, 2024 Countdown

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Monday January 22, 2024

Having a good 12-hour sleep does a lot of good and I was able to do chores easily today.

We had a good lunch with rich pineapple drink and Jello.  My wife is really looking after me well.

I finished the book I arrived with, The Bourne Sacrifice.  It is not author Robert Ludlum by any stretch, although they use his name shamelessly...

I was slow to move to grab the Nikon when I heard the sirens announcing another parade down our street, so I only caught the backside, nice as it is, of the new Andalucian Queen.  Cristina confirmed that it was the gal representing the barrio of Ricaurte, so I am including a shot of her frontally from 2 days ago....  May she have an eventful reign...

So we slowly have most things in place or planned to be ready for the Wednesday trip.  Tomorrow will be very busy as we get 4 dogs clipped, run for bus tickets, and arrange for packing.

The four Canadian gals who visited us in Cuenca 6 years ago are having wanderlust again.  They will have to rush like heck to meet me while I am still here....  I strongly recommended visiting the Galapagos with our buddy Gustavo who was their main guide the last trip...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 The new Queen of Andalucia...