Saturday, January 6, 2024

Friday January 6, 2024 Vineland

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or

al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Friday January 6, 2024

I slept well Friday morning in the comfy bed with a fluffy down comforter.  

We play a lot of cards always when I am here, mostly a fun game they call "Pay Me", and the time goes quickly.

My cel phone must have gotten jammed too tightly in my fanny pack next the Nikon and the speaker quit working properly, garbling all speech and sound....  Not good at all when I need the phone for almost all communication in Colombia...  We found a repair guy not far away who works in his home and left him a deposit to bring in a new speaker.  

Some neighbours came over to visit for part of the afternoon and we had somenice conversations on many topics.

We had tourtiere for supper, a monstrous pie that is more than enough for 2 meals for the 3 of us!  After playing more cards Iwas bagged by 9pm and on my way to bed.

Today I slept until 9:30am, although I was up for a short time at 3am.  

Somehow the cel phone kept improving in the morning until it was almost normal, but I will continue with the speaker replacement to be on the safe side, and I will be more careful not to jam it again.  Whew!  And thank you to Yvette and Dawn for the many calls to check that the Fongo works fine, including the call forward from 780-906-5156, and the texting.  Remember, my number to use until Feb 21 will be 1-587-887-0488.

We made a short drive to a food caterer who makes full meals, reheat only, on the weekends.  We picked up BBQ ribs for supper... Yummy...

Then we went to a nearby florist for gifts for niece Shari who just had knee surgery, and who we expect to see tomorrow.  The parking lot was packed and the place was overrun with clients!  That is where I spotted a hawk circling above, against the dreary grey sky.  When I processed the photos, PhotoShop did not want to cooperate on the RAW or DNG files so I had to use Smart Photo Editor which gave me a much nicer sky!

We played more cards, and I made more salad to accompany the delicious ribs, ....and then we played yet more Pay Me....

Between slow internet and my turtle of a laptop, it takes me forever to process the photos I take...

Lately, it sure seems that we are all inundated with gift scams and weird "friend" requests.  A pox on all those scammers and crooks....

Time for bed again...  Bagged again....

I had to call Bob at our place to keep in touch...  He misses our regular interaction.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


A hawk in a nicer sky!

So pretty

Circling and circling

Rodent control

On constant duty

Small part of huge, busy florist shop
Next door, pretty trees, crappy sky

A visitor across the road

Snowless here too....