Friday, June 2, 2023

Friday June 2, 2023 New Gio - Update

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday June 2, 2023  UPDATED

Yesterday, we began preparation for going to the lake with family on the weekend.   Looking forward to that.

My photographer buddy, Don, still drives so he took me down to Gateway Power Sports where Bob had bought his Cadillac scooter.  He had told me they had a beautiful copper-coloured one with my name on it, so we went down and had a look and paid for it...  I was tired of being restricted in range so tightly by the Golden, and it wasn't mine anyway although it outmanouvers the Gio by a mile.  

It was cloudy and rainy so they promised to deliver it Friday at 11am.

So, after chores, etc I was impatiently waiting downstairs at 11 am and finally called.  After a few lies, the delivery guy showed up at 1pm and I was not a happy camper.  It did not help that it already has the odd scratch from the showroom, they did not bother to clean it, and did not disable the back-up beeper which annoys the hell out of me.  Initial impressions were that I had made a big mistake... and I now don't trust the dealer very much...

I had a long talk with Bob who has the burgundy one and we went for a short outing to WalMart and Save-On, which would have been the outer limits for the Golden, and the battery gauge is still showing full on the Gio.  That ride settled me down somewhat although I am not going into stores with that beast again, the 10 foot turning radius is a nightmare.  On the road though, I have the lights on, it is legal, and it will clip along just over 25 kph and it sure draws a lot of looks, comments, and thumbs-up..   It will take a little more getting used to, so I will probably make another outing tonight for more testing to see if the battery gauge will move at all....  I am sure that I will love the new range and the stability with the bigger tires, etc as I get more accustomed to it.  I will negotiate with the dealer next week about my list of flaws....

UPDATE:  Yes, so I did go out again to put the Gio through its paces and see what the battery would do.  Believe it or not, I went 40 blocks south to 61 Ave, then came back to cruise trendy Whyte Avenue which I knew is still the hopping place on a Friday night, even though I haven't been there in 23 years.  I saw people dancing at one corner so I pulled in to watch.  The rainbows everywhere, then the sign that said "Pride Corner" pretty much told the story.  One nice lady came and talked to me a bit, and seemed disappointed that I wasn't gay... Oh well.

Then I cruised the area a bit more before heading back over the High Level Bridge.  The Gio gets stares and great comments everywhere!  Then I cruised a short ways up Jasper Avenue, then the Legislature area before heading home.

The verdict is (and I have yet to read the manual) that I still appear to have a good 1/2 battery left, even after all the travels today, and I really enjoyed the solo outing tonight, not following somebody else's agenda.

THe following photos are from tonight, just because Blogger will not let me add them below....

Whyte Ave is beginning to hop

Pride Corner with some dancers

Lady in purple pants was nice

Pollution or smoke was very low tonight.

Better photo with the Nikon?

The Legislature (trying to hide the messy construction.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Bob's and mine

Mine

Following Bob

Could not wait to get out of WalMart!

Happy to be outside

Lots of questions and comments

Fun unit

Slow maneuvering

I will get accustomed!