Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sunday June 11, 2023 Sightseeing

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday June 11, 2023

My niece Dawn surprised me with a request to get out for a couple of hours, so we started by going near my old stomping grounds and seeing the duplex where our family lived for 19 years and then the old house near Commonwealth Stadium and, stupid me, I did not take any photos.

I had always wanted a "bucket truck" to lift me high to take photos from higher angles and I found one today that would fit the bill perfectly!  See below...

We stopped for lunch at the Italian Center Shop in Macauley and ate our Torpedo sandwiches and jelly donut in Giovanni Caboto Park.  We enjoyed such a leisurely nostalgia tour and we toyed with the idea of going to the Elks-Riders game tonight because tickets were supposed to be only $17, but Dawn unfortunately had commitments for the evening.  I just checked online, and the cheapest ticket available is $46 now...  I guess I am not going....

I was dropped off at home and changed to my new long-sleeved white t-shirt to go out again, riding on the Gio.  

I am still trying to get a good gauge on the actual range of the Gio and this was my third longish trip without recharging, and testing it on pretty decent grades....  I went below the Legislature building to get onto River Road to get across from the Royal Glenora Club to be able to access the pedestrian walk below the LRT bridge to the south side.  I encountered a ton of walkers for the Cure for Diabetes and I waited until they all passed by before crossing.  At the other end I went left through Kinsmen Park and continued to the 5th St Bridge where 3 ladies were taking photos.  They were thrilled to pose for me. 

I got back on the sidewalk along River Road and took the route back to the Royal Glenora and the fairly steep climb home.  Then I plugged in the Gio after its excellent performance on my behalf...  I am just loving the freedom the Gio is giving me!

I helped my photographer/philosopher friend Don move some carpet out to his van, and he offered to share a salmon supper with me tonight, delivered to my table....  Who can refuse such a generous offer...??

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  With my method of processing I have hidden most of the haze from the smoke that hangs in the air.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Definitely my kind of bucket truck!!!

Dawn pointed out this dinosaur tree....

Fountain in Giovanni Caboto Park

Dawn enjoying the Torpedo swandwich

I got the other half

Legislative grounds

View of High Level and LRT bridges from River Road



Walkway under the LRT bridge

3 bridges

Kinsmen Park



Posing

Trio of beauties happy to pose

5th St bridge (do I hear a song??)

View back to the other 2