Monday, June 19, 2023

Sunday June 18, 2023 Father's Day

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday June 18, 2023

Leonie and I had a lovely return drive the previous afternoon, getting back to her place near Longview around 6:30pm.  



Frank Slide again


Hawks???





 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was still wound up from the day so I walked the dog a bit, then wandered the yard with the Nikon, before yakking with Nicole's husband Jeff for about an hour before dusk....

Alberta roses

Train-like cloud!

One of my favourite views here....

Can't resist...

Fingernail sized spider

Tux is the local mouser




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So today, I joined Leonie at mass in Diamond Valley for a bit before we went and enjoyed another All-Canadian breakfast at A+W.  THANK YOU Leonie for being such good company.

We returned to Longview in time for me to jump in again with my daughter for the return drive home.  Nicole and Jeff were in the area so we had a quick hello-goodbye...

As planned, we stopped at my grandson's new apartment with normally great views, but blustery, threatening rainy weather negated seeing the Rockies.  We celebrated Father's day at Original Joe's nearby and I managed to see the Canadian Grand Prix Formula 1 race on the TV's there...  Congrats again to Verstappen.

I was surprised to get some Father's day cards and a gorgeous Calgary Wrangler ball cap...  THANKS GUYS!

One view from the apartment.

My grandson was coached by Grant Fuhr one year!




My new favourite ball cap



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 The rain started in earnest as we left Calgary and hasn't stopped yet...  It was very sloppy for driving all that distance and I was dropped off right at my door.  


 I hope you enjoy the pictures (Some removed).  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.