Monday, June 26, 2023

Monday June 26, 2023 Visiting

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday June 26, 2023

I needed to recharge, so I slept in until almost 9am....  I was just beginning chores when I got a surprise invite for coffee from Jill's father-in-law Gordie, so I rushed to get to his place near Westmount on the Gio in an hour.  Since I had not charged the Gio, I had to nurse it a bit to make sure to have enough juice to get back.  I needn't have worried..

The view of downtown from Gordie's condo is spectacular, with a layer of light smoke blanketing the city this morning.  I parked the Gio in the partial shade down below where I could keep an eye on it.

Gordie had been traveling a lot, so it was the first time we had actually managed to get together since my return.  He is such a great guy, healthy and active, and we always have a good time together.

I got back home and got a call from Ghislaine to come and enjoy the monthy birthday celebration downstairs with a sandwich and cake and ice cream.  It was another opportunity to get caught up on the local gossip.  And it is nice to have a few of the residents looking out for me.

I was just given a nice reminder to check out Canada Day celebrations at the Legislature on Saturday.  This brought back a memory of Canada Day 1978 when I took our kids, and the Greek neighbour's 2 kids, Phillip and Niovy, to the grounds, grabbed a program and scanned who was speaking, etc.  I said out loud, "Oh, Prime Minister Joe Clark is here!!"  Little Phillip looked up at me and said "Joe who..??"  Those of you old enough to remember that time will know how that broke me right up, and I went over to the Prime minister and related the story...  He laughed his deep laugh and said, "Yeah, I'll probably never live that one down!"  And I still have the last Candian TIME magazine cover, with Joe Who on the cover.....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Smoky downtown today

Watching the Gio from above

Lovely photo of 4 generations minus one

We share 2 grandkids

Squirrel on tree in front

Acrobatic guy!

Always entertaining....