Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Wednesday June 7, 2023 Birthday

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday June 7, 2023

Yesterday, I sold the Golden to one of the older fellas, Ken, on my floor.  He had one like it before with bad batteries and charger, which he gave to another resident, Bernie, who is a bit of a mechanic, but was missing the freedom a scooter gives.  He had wanted me to replace the batteries in the Golden first, but I refused,... The Golden goes far enough for what he needs, so why spend over $300 to go where he won't????  And, since the unit was not actually mine, I sold it on behalf of my son-in-law Ash, and sent him the money via Jill.

The redhead who occupies the fifth floor suite facing south that I was supposed to get, and who works in the kitchen, and who owns a truck, had mentioned that she wanted to go to Sylvan Lake some day, just for the day and would want company.  I mentioned to her that Todd is hoping to take his boat to Pigeon Lake on Saturday, and could we go together?  I am still waiting for a response for sure.

I had passed the St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Shop several times in my travels but always seemed to stop Monday, Wednesday or Friday when they are only open Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.....  Tuesday I caught them open, just before closing and hurriedly bought some framed prints to go on my wall to complement my print of the team of heavy horses...  I now feel that the house is as furnished as I can make it.

I also bought a tension rod as suggested by Brenda and have raised and moved the shower curtain sufficiently to hang perfectly.  Now I not ashamed to show my place to anyone.

Today, HAPPY 55th BIRTHDAY to my son, Todd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My old mother-in-law said you really feel old when your kids order from the Senior's Menu... 

I got a stamp from the office to mail a change of address to The War Amps.  I could NOT believe that they now want $1.00 to send a letter........  I remember when it was 2 cents....

I made good on my promise to visit old friend Bea and her daughter, Leah, at the same house they have had for 30 odd years.  We had such a good time catching up on each others' news and happenings.

I checked out stores at Kingsway Mall for a few things without success, like a light long-sleeved t-shirt to combat the blazing sun.   But I did find the Watkins Pain Ointment that was recommended by Bob for my arm pain.  I have since tried it sparingly and it does help.  I guess I have to be more liberal with the application of it.

Then I headed to Canadian Tire for the 3rd day in a row (we are on a first-name basis with all the staff now, lol) to find fishing gear for the second time this year.  I had searched oinline at many places but could not find any better selection anywhere that I could get before Friday.  I spent more on the carrying case than I did on the rod and reel, and also picked up some tackle and lures that have served me well over the years.  Now we just need to confirm that the weather and wind will be decent enough for Todd to make the outing a reality...  I installed the line through the rod, added a leader and weights, so now I just need to add a hook and I am ready for fishing....

I went by the Aviation Museum on the way back and took some angled shots of some of the aircraft on pedestals outside.  Then, of course, I had to play with those to make them fly, lol....

At least 2 readers have confirmed that they are getting email reminders for this Blog again, which is encouraging.  I got wish that Google Blogger was consistent, and easier to use, and update.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Bea and Leah

Bea and Leah

Leah, Bea and some old guy

Entertaining squirrels in the yard

3 planes on pedestals

Bush Plane

Fighter

My version

Bush plane

My version

Fighter Jet

My version

Fishing bag and supplies

Now I feel equipped to go fishing,... again.

My new small tackle box is full enough..