Monday, June 5, 2023

Monday June 5, 2023 The Lake

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday June 5, 2023

Saturday morning, my daughter and her hubby kindly picked me up to weekend at their quaint cabin at The Lake.  We were joined by son Todd, Janet and grandson Tyson on Saturday so it was a wonderful get-together.  We ate, played throwing games, ate some more, talked and walked.  Todd and his crew stayed until almost dark before heading back.

My daughter and I returned the lake's edge to catch the sunset and we were not disappointed.  Some of those photos were taken by her.

We had a side attraction as we watched a beaver zig and zag and submerge, then re-emerge so many times before he decided to come right up on the edge not far from us.  Bonus!!

About the only negative to the weekend were the poplar trees expelling their fluff e v e r y w h e r e and a person was almost scared to breathe for fear of ingesting this crap!

I was up very early Sunday and just sat on the lawn swing on the deck, enjoying the cool air and the birds.  The chickadees were very bold.  

My son-in-law was busy transplanting Saskatoon berry trees to help mark the boundary and eventually provide a lot of dessert... yummy!

We had a big lunch to use up many leftovers and had a tour of the communities and cabins around the lake and even stopped at Seba Beach for delicious ice cream before packing up to return.

I took 83 pics and my daughter Jill 8 more, and I kept 59 total.  I was nodding off as I finally finished processing those.

This morning I was awakened by a brisk wind rattling my vertical curtains at 3am and I never really got back to bed...  I went down and plugged in the GIO so I would not have to be afraid to use it today.

I did chores and was on my way early to Canadian Tire to exchange a small faulty floor fan and picked up a step stool that I have been debating about for weeks.

I came home, unloaded and very soon went out again and ended up having late breakfast at McDonalds, trying the truly awful breakfast burritos...  I won't be ordering that again anytime soon!  Their coffee is the best though...

I tackled a quick stop at Save-On for salad and popping corn.  Honestly the Golden was better for overall grocery shopping because I could drive it right into the suite, loaded with my purchases.  There is no way that the noisy GIO is ever going to grace the inside of this building, just in the garage....

Now I am truly pooped so not many of the photos will get captions...  Nap time...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.






Chickadee


Interesting deco





Love this grouping


Grandpa and grandson

From Toronto?

More neat deco at a neighbour's

Big crows

Father and son















Surprise guest

Warily zig-zagging to shore



The Canadian has landed....

As at my Gio (out of order

Jill checking out the Gio







Great mug!

Local carver...








Can you see the deer?



Which is the real deer?