Saturday, June 24, 2023

Saturday June 24, 2023 Events

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday June 24, 2023

Silly me, I was up until 1:45am finishing the first Genghis Khan book, Wolf Of The Plains, by Conn Iggulden.  I had to see what would happen next, ...each page...., I was so riveted to the story.  I highly recommend his books!  This is the 6th I have read and they are spellbinding.

So I was up late, did chores and then had to get the Public Library to search outside librairies to find the next 2 books, which they did, so I should get them on hold for me in the next 2-3 weeks.  In the meantime, I will start another series of his on the Athenians.

I made lunch.  I only cook around once a week it seems...

Then I searched for any events going on today, and there were several, so I would have something to do, and photograph.  I found a couple that sounded interesting, so I took off on the Gio on this magnificent day since our lake and fishing plans got fouled up.

The first event was actually at College St Jean, where Jill took her first year or two of University, in French, with honours!  There was supposed to be some sort of circus acts I thought, but it turned out to be just a lot of interactive sports, stilts, juggling, and more.  One girl there was the spitting image of my son's old girlfriend 30 years ago!

Then I got park names confused and headed over toward Hawrelak Park which seemed to be closed, instead of Borden Park....  The police were restricting traffic down Groat Road, which I took to cross the river.  Then I found out the closures were because of the Great Canadian Road Race and I encountered two sessions as I went by.

I think a starting point was by the Legislature where they had all sorts of tents and even entertainment happening.  I stopped by an eBike tent and talked with a nice young man who turned out to be from Bogota, Colombia.  It was fun talking to him as he obviously misses his home there.

Tonight, there is a dance at the Club ed Soleil, but I am too pooped to consider it and I would need to recharge the Gio before thinking of going....

Tomorrow, more adventures...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Happenings at College St Jean campus

The flashback girl

People practising juggling


A panorama of Edmonton
Fifth St Bridge (do I hear that song again??)

Alberta legistature

Unafraid magpie

My old apartment 1970ish

Alberta Legislature

Al berta Legislature

Yound girl's road race

Continued..

Entertainment and dancers

 

 

 

 

 

Fin