Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Wednesday June 21, 2023 Repairs

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday June 21, 2023

Well, Monday and Tuesday were nothing to write home about, with cold, rainy, blustery days to contend with.  Curling up with a good book with sports on the tube were the only salvation.

I did snaeak out Monday morning during a break in the rain to exchange books at the Library and grab salad kits at Save-On.  I did all that in under an hour with the Gio.

Today, I was up early doing chores so I could be at Gateway Powersports when they opened at 9am.  I had my list of complaints in writing and the Manager bent over backwards today to see that I was looked after...  I swear that the unit had not been inspected or cleaned before delivering it to me and everything was loose.  It lost a bolt holding the windshield and almost lost a second one.  Near the right mirror, the windshield was cracking...  The left rear fender had been rubbing on the wheel and needed adjustment.  The brakes pulled all the way to the handlebars so their effectiveness was in question.  The mat on the floor was not secured, and I was concerned about the high whine of the motor at full speed.  And, the Manager had promised to rid me of the annoying back-up beeper....

Today, they fixed everything, and ordered me a new windshield, so I am happy, and will feel comfortable referring clients to them.

While waiting, I went around the corner as referred by the manager to a place called High Voltage.  Mmmmmm, they had donairs with peppery pita bread.... Yummy!!

The work was done around 1pm and I zipped home to do this Blog and be ready to help Aram with a Social Studies exam if he thinks he needs help....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Downtown Edmonton from 35 blocks away

A High Voltage Donair was shockingly good!

The Gio undergoing repairs