Thursday, June 15, 2023

Thursday June 15, 2023 Prep

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday June 15, 2023

We have had good rains these last 3 days, and it has dropped the temperatures dramatically (as low as single digits) and forced us to remain indoors.

Tuesday, I was up early, washing clothes between 6 and 8am.  Then I cleaned and restocked the hummingbird feeder.  I even broke down and cooked a steak dinner of beef medallions wrapped in bacon... with the potatoes I had previosly frozen, plus corn.  I should have realized that beef medallions are not filet mignon, and the meal was a huge disappointment.  I did get to use the toaster oven that Jill had donated to me, and it worked perfectly.

Yesterday, I heard that my good friend KJ had a pacemaker installed and was now in a facility in Gibbons with homecare.  We had a long chat, and he seems to be very happy in his new digs.  I will have to figure out a way to get out to visit him, as we are both in the same boat with limited transportation...  I don't think it would be wise of me to try to get to Gibbons with the Gio...

I had an afternoon meeting with a rep from FAFA, an organization dedicated to helping French-Canadian seniors, the group that has a $10 BBQ bus tour planned June 29 to Peaceful Valley, south of Pigeon Lake, that is dedicated solely for seniors.  It should be interesting, so I signed up.  It was also suggested that I sign up with the FAFA group as well ($15 annual) as they have many activities that could be fun and interesting, such as an upcoming week of sporting activities that we can join in...  I will have to research that today.

With the end of the Stanley Cup Playoffs (congrats to Las Vegas), TV is pretty boring, but I am reading a lot more and need to return books to the Library today.  I hope there is a break in the rain today to allow this.  Maybe it is also time to watch some of the movies I have saved on Prime... 

I also am awaiting a few more Conn Iggulden books to be ready for me at the downtown Library as we are quite inpressed with the style and research of his writings.  I will be picking up, for sure, the fifth of the Emperor series about Julius Caesar and descendants as it is on hold for me.  Then I will get into a couple of other series, one about Genghis Khan, and also one about the Athenians...  I am quite excited to get into those after enjoying the first 4 books of the Emperor series.  History is fascinating when skilfully interwoven with fiction.

Today, I will be packing to go to Fernie, BC in  the morning with family for the Celebration Of Life for our brother Laurent and his wife Cathy.  I doubt that I will be blogging during the trip, but I never say never....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Broiling beef medallions

Nuking Potatoes and corn

One rabbit next door

Second rabbit hiding next door

Raining all night and this morning