Thursday, June 22, 2023

Thursday June 22, 2023 Lucien

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday June 22, 2023

I got to bed at midnight, the book was too good to put down, starting the Conn Iggulden series about Genghis Khan.  But I was still up early to do chores because I had some plans today...

Firstly I wanted to test the Gio's longevity a little more before I recharged it.  These batteries have a limit on recharges, so I am doing my best to limit the times I need to plug it in.

Yesterday I had gone a good distance, 45 blocks each way and it was still showing strength, so I went mostly slower today to go another 55 blocks each way on top of that!  So, over 200 blocks is the inside limit, and I still had juice left...  That makes me more confident.

I talked to Bob outside before going out today in case he wanted to join me on his Gio but he declined.  He mentioned that Ken, who bought the Golden, was inebriated and showing off with it, and dumped it on top of himself.  Bob says that he is in the hospital with 3 fractured ribs, poor guy!!

I took my Gio down 109 St to 61 Ave, then went over to 106 st and down through a construction area to 51 Avenue and St Anthony Cemetery.  That is the location since 1958, and incredible 65 years ago, where my oldest brother Lucien was buried.  6 years ago, his lovely wife Kaye joined him and I noticed that the headstone had been changed to show both of them, removing the reference to his nickname "Johnny".  So I have now been to 2 brothers' graves in the past week....

Then I went back to where I was yesterday and stopped in at Home Depot to get a spray bottle of "Clean & Repel" which claims to sheet away rain like my favourite Rain-Away, which I could not find...  I also picked up a Tide Stick to help with my sloppy stains on some of my favourite clothes.

I went through the drive-through at McDonald's on 109 St on the Gio and they did not give me any grief this time.  I stopped in the shade on the sidewalk up the street and wolfed down my lunch.

I went to the back corner of our parking lot to apply the "Clean & Repel" to my Gio windshield, as well as mirrors, lights, roof and fenders.  Hopefully it will stay fresh and clean if I ever happen to get caught in a rainstorm.  At least, a person tends to get some warning about changing weather, not just like 15 minutes in the mountains..

Bob stopped by on his Gio, so I did his windshield and lights too, as I had intended to surprise him with that anyway.

Tomorrow, I get to go visit an old friend and the lake beckons for the weekend...  Whether we get to go fishing remains to be seen....  More later...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.