Saturday, June 10, 2023

Saturday June 10, 2023 Thwarted

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Saturday June 10, 2023

Friday, I had my groceries delivered again by Walmart, good quality, fast service, and I don't have to lug groceries for blocks.  This time they had 2 paper bags in addition to the cloth bags and those were only ones they stapled.  I didn't complain this time.

The salmon lunch downstairs was recommended by Ghyslaine who works in the kitchen, and it was superb as she said.

On the 16th they are having some sort of afternoon mural painting here and the manager Roch Labelle actually asked if I could be the official photographer!  I was so sorry to beg off because I will be on my way to Fernie, BC that day.  I then emailed Roch to ask Don, the other photographer here, even though he needs to dig his cameras out of storage boxes and charge his batteries.

Today, the plan was to meet Todd at Pigeon Lake where he would put his boat in the water.  But, heavy winds, heat (30C), and smoke, scotched that idea.  It was the same at Sylvan Lake and also Lake Isle.  This will have to wait at least 2 weeks now.

I was feeling very listless today, got up at 6am, did chores, and went back to bed.

I was supposed to go with Ghyslaine to the Mustard Seed because they have discount days Saturday but she suddenly begged off.

So I looked up the locations for Value Village and Salvation Army and decided to go south to the Whyte Avenue location on my own.  I met Bob outside who has the same Gio and he decided to come along for the ride.   I first found the St Thomas D'Aquin church where we need to gather to go on some BBQ trip at the end of the month, a block from the Value Village.

I was disappointed in the prices at VV so we had lunch at A+W then checked out some nearby stores that weren't selling antiques like I thought.  Then kitty-corner was a Goodwill store that was just great.  I am still kicking myself for not buying a pair of leather overalls for bad weather, but did find a candy dish.  The prices were way less than the other places..  I didn't waste too much time there as Bob was waiting outside, having a cigarette.

We came across so many people who smiled and yelled encouragement  to both of us as we cruised everywhere.  Then we saw this odd contraption with about a dozen people in costumes and wigs pedaling it for power while they were drinking who-knows-what.  They got a kick out of our units and were thrilled when I pulled out the Lumix.  Someone said that contraption was used for groups to bar-hop..

Then 4 girls at Ezio Faraone Park 2 blocks from our home were giving us the thumbs-up, and were also just as pleased when I pulled out the Lumix.  Then it was time to nap again as my listlessness has not gone away.

The one thing that I am super-pleased about are the batteries on the Gio.  I have made 2 fairly decent trips and the battery power has not waned.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Bob coming out to join me.

This contraption turned our heads

The group was boisterous and noisy

Definitely hard to miss them

Posing for the Lumix

Everyone having a good time..

Dreary-looking day in the smoke

More fans of the Lumix...