Friday, June 23, 2023

Friday June 23, 2023 KJ

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday June 23, 2023

I had got to bed late again as I was so enjoying my book, but was up early enough to accomplish all my chores before being picked up by my friend Ken's son, Donald at 11am.

Ken, affectionally called KJ, had recently had very recent surgery to install a pacemaker, and is now in a senior complex in Gibbons, north of Edmonton, further than I had remembered.  The drive was very pleasant as Donald and I caught up on each other's news.

The senior complex has bachelor-size rooms, with full meal service and daily care as required.  The important thing is that KJ is looked after properly and that he is happy in his new surroundings.

We took KJ for an eye exam for new glasses for his one good eye. He has needed new glasses for years, and they are now on order.  I had picked up some reading glasses there for myself, and gifted a pair to KJ as he realized that he could actually read with the new 2.0 pair!

I had spotted a donair place nearby and bought lunch for us all.  The menu was dead simple, but as tasty as any other I have ever had!  Gibbons is such a cute little town, so I hope that Ken continues to enjoy his pleasant surroundings.  The lunch was in progress at the senior's residence and the food I saw on the residents' plates certainly made my mouth water.

KJ and I had done so many things together over the years as our children grew up, and he had introduced me to service with the Lions Clun International,  that there is never a loss for words.  Our legendary fishing trips are always a source of fond nostalgia.  While my friend's health is declining as his 85th birthday approaches, it is to be expected somewhat, and we are very happy that his mind remains sharp.

Donald was kind enough to drive me back to my residence as well, and to offer to do the trip more often to visit KJ.  

I took the picture below for Donald's use as an identifying photo of KJ for his door.  Ken had wanted the photo to be taken in his comfy Lazy-Boy....

I hope you enjoy the picture.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.