Monday, June 12, 2023

Monday June 12, 2023 Thrift

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday June 12, 2023

Last night Don came down after 6pm with baked salmon skewers, carrots, forbidden rice, and portobello mushrooms.  I really appreciate that he went to all that trouble to make such a meal and bring it to share.  He is such a great guy and a fountain of knowledge.  We alternated between watching CFL Football and the French Open Tennis Championship game.

This morning I was up real early to get chores done to leave me enough time for the many little trips planned for the day.  I went to Save-On Foods to get salads for only this week and got a grocery cart to transport my purchases from the Gio to my room.  I put my initials on it so it would be easy to track.

Then Bob decided to accompany me back to Goodwill on Whyte Ave to see if those leather pants were still available.... not....  I knew I should have grabbed them on Saturday.  But Bob grabbed a large leather coat for himself for $15 and a Team Canada jersey for $50 so he was happy.  I got another neon hoodie for riding.  Then he treated me to breakfast at A+W kitty-corner and that was very pleasurable.

I rushed back to be ready to go with Ghyslaine after she was done in the kitchen, but she said it would be another hour, so I went up and had a quick nap.  Then she had to change clothes so that was another 20 minutes.  Then I got to drive the big Ford truck....

Our first stop was at a Value Village in my old Westwood neighbourhood because Bob had said that their prices were more reasonable than the south side one.  Not really, but we did find a couple of things, like a leather jacket for me for $10, like new...! 

We drove by the old duplex to take a photo.  The tree in the photo was planted by Todd 20 years ago or so.  19 years we stayed in that place.

Then we went to the Mustard Seed Thrift Store in the east end and were shocked that it was so small, but it had a few bargains, like 4 new, full shaving foam containers for $1...  I wasn't passing that up...  Then I saw the sign below that cracked me up and, for $3, it now graces a wall in my apartment as a conversation piece.

Then, I took Ghyslaine back to the Goodwill on the south side, my third visit in 2 days...  She found a watch she liked and I grabbed some tea towels.  So, all in all, it was a successful day of thrift shopping.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

A feast from Don.  Verry nice of him!

My new transporter

The old duplex

My "new" leather jacket

Fir $1, how can we lose??

Could NOT resist this...