Sunday, June 18, 2023

Friday June 16, 2023 To Fernie

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday June 16, 2023

The planning today was perfect as I grabbed the LRT train from the station at the corner and took it as far south as I could to Century Park station.  My daughter and hubby were there to pick me up around 8am and off we went a very scenic route off the main highways to arrive at Longview, Alberta at precisely 1:30pm to meet my sister Leonie.

From there, daughter and hubby went on and I jumped in to help with the driving with Leonie and we had a leisurely drive, with long road delays around Blairmore to reach the Crowsnest Pass.

In spite of smoke and mist, the mountains are still gorgeous and I certainly could live in a beautiful town like Fernie.

We had reserved 2 rooms at the Park Place Lodge, booked in and Leonie was good to stay in the hotel for the evening.  Jill and Ash and I took a walk downtown to cruise all the funky shops and pulled into a little pub that had live music in the form of an older one-man band with a huge repertoire that he sang to his own tune.  At one point, he asked everyone who originally sang the song he had just finished, Wooly Bully.  I guessed Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs and won a CD....

The room was large at the Park Place with all good amenities but the lighting was really poor everywhere, and it was not cheap...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Gotta love the mountains

This was probably Coleman, AB




View right from room at Park Place

View left from the hoel room

Saw this in an art store

Pub singer