Thursday, April 27, 2023

Wednesday April 26, 2023 Orders

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday April 26, 2023

Tuesday I received the "Johnny Pole" for the bathroom that I had ordered from WalMart.  It is a trifle annoying that parts of your order come from outside sources and come separately.  I hate having the feeling that I need to sit at my door for the delivery guy to show up.

Today, I moved Golden back to the garage, fully charged.

Then I tackled the assembly of the Johnny Pole, using my new tools.  How people can work without a cordless drill is beyond me!  I was expecting just wire shelves but they turned out to be shiny aluminum!  The hardest part was removing the protective film.  When a person only has a narrow, old mirror vanity and the area under the sink for storage, it sure is handier to have items within easy reach on the Johnny Pole.

I was waiting for 3 items to appear that were supposed to show up yesterday...  Waiting, waiting is the story of my life as I stock the apartment.  I went out to go check my mail and, lo and behold, there were 3 packages outside my door!  FedEx did not bother to call or even knock!  That prompted another complaint to WalMart.

So now I have my new toaster, cordless vacuum, and a large T-Fal fry pan.  Now the place feels much more liveable, now that I have proper items for cooking and cleaning.

I broke down and ordered that Fireplace TV stand, even if I had to pay $25 shipping to WalMart.  This is the right piece for the Living Room and the price is still great, even if I feel ripped off...

In the afternoon, I received a call from "unknown number" which I decided to answer.  It turned out to be WalMart Customer Service from India again....  They were actually responding to my earlier complaint about the shipping charge on this Fireplace TV Stand which clearly showed free shipping over $35!  We discussed this again briefly after I had them actually look at my new order.  They promised to look into it and get back to me.  Later I got an email that they were still looking into it.......

I need to get out of here for a bit....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Love the extra space on a Johnny Pole

Delicious lunch of smoked pork sausages.

New simple toaster

Good sized T-Fal fry pan

New cordless vac

Still trying to get WalMart to honour their Free Shipping