Monday, April 10, 2023

Monday April 10, 2023 Longview/B.D.

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blogs:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ and https://cuencaresidency.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Monday April 10, 2023

With warm hearts and sincere goodbyes, we left sister Leonie and family to go visit friend Betty in Black Diamond, now renamed Diamond Valley. Then we backtracked for lunch at the Twin Cities Saloon in Longview.

The signs there had us laughing, and the place soon filled up with local cowboys and workers for hearty food.  An old cowboy gave me permission to take his photo for which I was thankful.  I had my fish'n'chips fix while Betty had tacos.  We wanted to drive west for mountain views but low cloud was not giving any views at all.

On return to Betty's, I received a reply from the Manoir St Joachim that I could move in any day to the suite I had looked at, facing north, third floor, so it will be cooler than the front suites that face south.  I made an appointment to see the Director Thursday (he was busy Wednesday) to complete paperwork, pay the rent and damage and key deposits, and receive my keys.

I contacted Factory Direct, hoping to get my furniture delivered Friday,.. but their drivers take Thursday and Friday off to be able to work the weekend,... sooooooo... I am moving furniture in on Saturday.  Thursday and Friday I will move over stuff that I will need initially, and keep it out of the way of the movers....  Now I need a dolly....

Betty and I have known each other for many years and we can talk for hours... She made a chicken dish called "Impossible Pie" for supper with a side of veggies.  Later, for dessert we had both pecan and apple crumble pies, with ice cream!  Then we sure needed a walk in the beautifully fresh evening air and came across 4 deer.  I love it here...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Love this artwork in the back bedroom at Leonie's

The mountains in early morning

I need this all around me!

The cool Longview bar

A regular cowboy

Another useful sign

Female Flicker

Female Flicker

Female Downy Woodpecker

Yup, same